Did you mean: 

PPM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
dasfweg
Super Collector

PPM

Due to other applications that are running on our network, we are using I.E.6 as our main browser. We are aware that the earliest version recommended with PPM 9.12 is I.E. 7.
We are trying to determine, before we upgrade to PPM 9.12, if there are any problems or errors we should be aware of or might encounter from this integration.

So the question is:

Is anybody running HP's 9.12 version of PPM supported in a IE6 environment?

Are there any knows issues of HP's 9.12 version of PPM running in an IE6 environment?

3 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: PPM

Although HP has not recommended IE6 for version 9.x, but here in my organization some of the users are using IE6. Most of the HP entities are working fine except the following (these issues were highlighted).

1. Some of the UI rules are not working, specially Java script pop-ups and Coloring/highlighting the request fields
  2. Some times these users have issues while viewing the graphical view, then need to refresh the window again in order to view it.

rest all is working fine, just to mention that you need to confim IE6 compatibility for Time management as this we are not using, rest other modules are ok on IE6.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Celil
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

It's 75% technical requirements match and 25% chance. "Chance" means IE Config, Windows Config, PPM Config and compliance between them in your company. To convert 25% chance to 100% tech req. please establish a test environment and test PPM and the browser.

Another way is establish a test PPM system and replace it in DMZ. Then make it accessible from internet. Use browsershots.org site and enter your PPM URL. It generates screenshots of how websites appear at web browsers.

Celil
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Govardhan07
Regular Collector

How can we prevent users from filling time against a closed project/activity in a time sheet.  I know that we cannot add a closed project to our time sheet if it is closed, but if the project is already in  our time sheet we can continue adding time.  This would also apply to support enterprise tasks that have been completed or Misc items that have been disabled.

I am using PPM 7.5

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event