The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM service down.

Highlighted
danriz
Regular Collector

PPM service down.

Hello;
We encounter the same problem second time in last month and PPM service down yesterday.

Here the story:
In our workflows there are decision steps and execution steps. Yester day users claimed that they were not able to do any thing on project page. When we checked the projects, In some execution steps the error is given and the execution become on hold.

Here The error:
The attachment file could not be downloaded. The file: REQ_193755/REQ_193755_BID_1191010.html no longer exists on the server.
Please contact your HP Project and Portfolio Management system administrator. (KNTA-10697)

As solution we added admin to the security on the execution so the yellow buttons will be visible to the admin and admn can approve the steps by clicking override success button.

After 3-4 hours of dozens of error reported our nodes down and we had to shutdown the system, cleared cache and restarted the system. In a few restart trial, system become alive (running).

Is there some one who faced with the same situation.

Can you provde me any idea for not to face the same problem again.

5 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: PPM service down.

This might not be the error; I think you are using command in the execution step.

share the execution step source code.

Also replicate the issue and then check the server.log file, this will give you exact root cause.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
danriz
Regular Collector

Hello Utkarsh;

Here the information. If you want I can also upload the logs.

Workflow:

Step:

Screen view for admin:

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Can you please share command code... (used in the execution step)

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
danriz
Regular Collector

It is a dummy execution.

ksc_comment "Execution Complete"

danriz
Regular Collector

let me share solution.

final solution was changing windows service user on ppm server. We created a new LDAP user and used this user on ppm server for ppm service on the server. You should give the same permission as old user in any local disk or in any shared file server.

the reason of the error was the old LDAP user is locked on LDAP system. The PPM system can not write log to shared file server on this time period.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event