Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM request updates on Blackberry or other mobile device

Highlighted
ChrisJH_1
Trusted Contributor.

PPM request updates on Blackberry or other mobile device

Has anyone created a solution for allowing users to update PPM requests using Blackberry devices? At the HPSU conference, I head rumors there was a 3rd party solution available, but I haven't been able to find any information regarding it. In our case, we have a requirement to notify users via email that a request requires their approval. They also want to be able to open the request and approve it.
5 REPLIES
Cris Robin
Respected Contributor.

Re: PPM request updates on Blackberry or other mobile device

Hope i understand correctlly.

if your Blackberry can access the internet, the only thing is blocking your way is to open your instance to the internet and not only the intranet with a valid IP.

Hope i helped

Sagi
Dale Colliver
Super Contributor.

Mercury Special Ops provided a solution for this. I am attaching a PDF with the details. It is only valid for 7.0 and above and can be overwritten by upgrades and patches. I have not implemented it but would like to after upgrading from 6.0.
ChrisJH_1
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the post.
Sanjay Valiyave
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Chris,

We have the exact solution you are looking for. We are HP Silver Alliance Partners and our email approval solution notifies business users and gives them the ability to approve requests via Blackberry devices or smartphones.

Our solution is listed on hp website at: http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.5179cc2b5bf6406ac6713f8da973a801?productId=23980&fromCat=

If you'd like to see a demo of this solution, I'd be happy to set one up for you. Just email me at sanjay.valiyaveettil@patni.com or call me at 314 409 4840 anytime.

Regards,
Sanjay Valiyaveettil
Sr. Sales Manager - Strategic Alliances
Patni Americas, Inc.
Sanjay Valiyave
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Dale,

Our solution for Request approval via blackberry/email works across 6.0 to 7.x.

Also, it comes with a self installation utility - no XML files are harmed during the installation. :)

Configuration is even simpler - again, no need to edit any XML files.

It supports attachments to be added to the request as well.

Regards,
Sanjay