The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM purge

Highlighted
Laura Walker
Occasional Advisor

PPM purge

We have a lot of obsolete information in the PPM database. Does anyone have a method to purge or archive this data from PPM?
5 REPLIES
Dale Colliver
Regular Collector

Re: PPM purge

The search function has a delete capability. I have used it to clean up old requests in production environment and to reduce the size of development environment after refreshing from production.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

An archive function has been on the wishlist for quite some time. Maybe a future release will bring something like that.
Deletion is not an option for us, but archiving would be great, with a search function supporting this with a switch "include archived requests/projects/...".
Cesar Roque
Regular Collector

Hi Dale,

Wich function did you mean ? How did you do it ?

I'm tryning to do the same, to delete old requests, but the only way I have find it to do it automaticaly is with a webservice.

Thanks
Vibhor Dwivedi
Regular Collector

On search request or any other entity search page PPM provide select all and delete option at the bottom.

That is one way to clean the database but it could delete all the past records and usefull information .Archieve functionality would be great for this purpose.
Niraj Prabhu
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I wanted to check if anyone has better solution towards either Archieving process yet. I have had some options using DB clone, but they aren't very effective, and looking for some more ideas.
Niraj P.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event