The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM objects migration issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
sangliraja
Regular Collector

PPM objects migration issue

Hi,

I migrated my PPM 9.22 server to new servers. I was able to configure enviroments correctly and able to test it successfully. 

When i try to use them for deploying PPM objects, i get error that JAVA_HOME enivronmental variable is not set. I have ticket to HP and i was asked to use export commands. I did as asked for and issue still remains.  Attaching screenshot of the error.

Can anyone please let me know if you fixed this issue before. I am on windows 2008 R2.

Thanks

Sangiliraja.P

17 REPLIES
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Re: PPM objects migration issue

Hi Sangliraja,

Please check once if the JAVA_HOME is also set in the ./kVariables.sh file.

Regards,

Mohit Agrawal

sangliraja
Regular Collector

Mohit - can you please elaborate on what to check.. u mean to open .sh file and look for hard coded value of JAVA_HOME?
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Yes please open the file and check if the any hardcoded JAVA_HOME is set in that. We recently migrated from UNIX to LINUX and were having similar kind of issues, related to JAVA_HOME.
We then checked and updated this parameter to correct value in kVariables.sh and then run kUpdateHtml.sh
Post that we did not face any issue.
So check if you have anything like that.

Regards,
Mohit

Loc_Nguyen_PPM
Occasional Visitor

Hi Sangiliraja,

Could you please give us the Environment Variables screen shoot ?

And give us the output of following command on Cmd

which java

echo %JAVA_HOME%

echo %PATH%

On Cygwin run following command and give us the result

which java

echo   $JAVA_HOME

echo   $PATH

Thanks.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
sangliraja
Regular Collector

Hi Mohit,

there is nothing hardcoded in the kVariables.sh.
sangliraja
Regular Collector

Sangiliraja.P@SBPPMAPPPRD01 ~
$ which java
/cygdrive/c/Java/jdk1.7.0_60/bin/java

$ echo $JAVA_HOME
C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_60

$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/oracle/product/11.1.0/client_1/bin:/cygdrive/c/Windows/system32:/cygdrive/c/Windows:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/Wbem:/cygdr
ive/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/cygdrive/c/Java/jdk1.7.0_60/bin:/cygdrive/c/oracle/product/12.1.0/client_1

$
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Your error says about error in JAVA path in below file.
/kSetupServerConfPath.sh
Did you have a chance to look into that file how does it take the JAVA_HOME?
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Hi Sangliraja,
Can you once set the JAVA_HOME till \bin\java and then try migrating the line...
something like:

C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_60\bin\java

Loc_Nguyen_PPM
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Could you please give us the Environment Variables screen shoot ( By click right mouse on Computer icon -> Properties ->  Advanced system settings -> Environment Variables ) ?

And give us the output of following command on Cmd

which java

echo %JAVA_HOME%

echo %PATH%

Regards.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
sangliraja
Regular Collector

Hi Mohit,

nothing hardcoded in the file as well. Also it is looking for $JAVA_HOME/bin/JAVA...

So i think making JAVA_HOME pointing to the java folder is not a correct idea.
sangliraja
Regular Collector

C:\Users\Sangiliraja.P>which java
/cygdrive/c/Java/jdk1.7.0_60/bin/java

C:\Users\Sangiliraja.P>echo %JAVA_HOME%
C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_60

C:\Users\Sangiliraja.P>echo %PATH%
C:\oracle\product\11.1.0\client_1\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\cygwin\usr\sbin;C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_60\bin;
C:\oracle\product\12.1.0\client_1;

C:\Users\Sangiliraja.P>
kintanadan
Regular Collector
Solution

You should also check the permissons (User/Group) of the Java Install Directory and it's contents. (C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_60).
Make sure Sangiliraja.P has the correct permissions.

Regards
Loc_Nguyen_PPM
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Please set like this

JAVA_HOME is needed in the environment variables for User Variables section " i've attached an screenshot for you".

For example,

JAVA_HOME = C:\jdk170

It must point to a java 1.7 SDK home location, not JRE, in this example, jdk170 is where I installed java 1.7 SDK version (not JRE version) on PPM server.

Then in the System variables, for Path variable, make sure that you have something like C:\jdk170\bin added in the Path variable to point to the java home\bin directory, thus when PPM loads, it will look for the JAVA_HOME and Path variable to understand where your 1.7 java SDK installed and know its bin directory in order to see tool.jar in SDK bundle.

Note: After you have done set Java_home and path please  restart your server to apply the changes.

Hope it helps.

“HP Support
sangliraja
Regular Collector

Hi,

I have all access to the folders in C:\Java. can you please let me know anything specific i should look for.

I installed java using this account only.

Thanks
sangliraja
Regular Collector

Hi,

I have set this up correctly.
Both JAVA_HOME and PATH are all set to the correct jdk folders.

U will be able to see that in my previous echo commands.
Loc_Nguyen_PPM
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

It mean you set up JAVA_HOME for both User variables and System variables like the screenshot i've attached ?

Regards.

“HP Support
sangliraja
Regular Collector

Hi,

The issues is resolved by adding Export JAVA Home and PATH commands in .bash_profile
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event