The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM migration issue

Highlighted
VarunS
Super Collector

PPM migration issue

We have migrated PPM from one server to other. We are able to restore customizations.But we are facing issue with passwords.All environment passwords and User password authenticated through PPM are failing.(LDAP users are able to login)

I feel this is issue related with encryption key.

Thanks in advance. :)
4 REPLIES

Re: PPM migration issue

Try copying the private_key.txt and public_key.txt. This is what we have to do when we refresh our Test environment from Prod. Files are located in \Security directory.
VarunS
Super Collector

Thanks!

Yes i tried that trick.But when i executed the kUpdateHtml.sh after this.It thrown a big encryption key error and later DB user account was locked due to failure of login attempts.

any other suggestions/ideas.
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi VarunS,

Reason: You have transfered DB data from Prod to Test which has users' passwords encrypted by Prod_Key. You have trasnfered Prod_Keys files from Prod to Test. Now, PPM can use stored passwords with be entered passwords by user. BUT your DB PPM user and rml users' passwords are encrypted by Test_Key not Prod_Key. And these passwords are stored in server.conf file.

Solution: After transfer Prod_Key files from Prod to Test system, you could encrypt PPM DB user and rml users' passwords and write it down to server.conf. Use kEncrypt.sh command.

Celil
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Catherine Curti
Super Collector

If you are on 8, you could have your DBA change the passwords on your test DB and use the kConfig.sh tool for PPM to change the passwords. That should re-encrypt them.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event