Did you mean: 

PPM installation,configuration and startup

Highlighted
Mitali
Occasional Contributor

PPM installation,configuration and startup

Hi,
I am completely new to the tool HP PPM.
I have installed PPM in my system. It showed successful installation.When I saw the log files, I could find a message "Port already in use", as oracle services use the same port "8080". I would like to know, from where I can change the port number for PPM server.
Once the port is changed, what has to be done next-is it start the HP PPM services in windows, then type the URL-"http://servername:port/With this URL, can I start the PPM center workbench and login?I know,its a very sill question, but I just wanted to clarify my doubts, as I could not find any PPM center startup icon in All Programs menu(only PPM uninstall was present).

Thanks in advance!!!!
8 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PPM installation,configuration and startup

Hi.
This port setting you can chanage in "server.conf" file in PPM/ITG home directory.
For additional information see sysadmin.pdf on chapter server configuration parameters.
Good Luck
Mitali
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
Thanks for the response. Even after changing the port (from 8080 to 18080)in server.conf present in ITG home directory and restarting the services, I am getting the same error in the logs--"Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080". Is there any other file, where I have to change the port?
Cris Robin
Regular Collector

Hello Mitali

After you change the port number, you need to do few more things.

1. run kUpdateHTML.sh
2. delete the service.
3. run kConfig.sh and choose there to create a new service.

The service you got now, still working on 8080 and need to be change to the new port

Sagi
Mitali
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
Thanks for the response. Now, after getting the login screen for PPM, I provided the username and password which I had given for HP PPM database user while creating schemas during installation of PPM. But I am getting an error as "Invalid username/password. Logon denied. (KNTA-10012)". What should be the username and password then? As I haven't provided any other username and password during installation except for the PPM Report meta data layer.
Mitali
Occasional Contributor

When I login with admin/admin in the PPM dashboard, I get this error: "Servlet DashboardFilterServlet is currently unavailable"
Mitali
Occasional Contributor

Could login now, had some problem with services.
Cris Robin
Regular Collector

Hello Mitali

It seems that your port is still busy.
1. check every where if something still calling the old port (check even the windows service)

2. check if the new port is really free.

Hope it help

Sagi
Mitali
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response!!!!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event