The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM error : Not able to create a project by using create project execution step in a workflow.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Dipen
Super Collector

PPM error : Not able to create a project by using create project execution step in a workflow.

Hi all,

I have created a request workflow in PPM and included an internal execution step named create project. This step should ideally create a project upon user confirmation.

Now when I click the execute now button which is part of this execution step, i am recieving error as shown below.

-----------------------------------------

Running command: com.kintana.core.server.execution.CreateProject -projectName "[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_NAME]" -projectTypeName "[REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_TYPE]" -startDate "[REQ.P.KNTA_PLAN_START_DATE]" -endDate "[REQ.P.KNTA_PLAN_FINISH_DATE]" -projectManager "[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]" -region "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]" -requestID 30218 -userID 1 -userName "admin"
The following Command Step is not subject to timing out: com.kintana.core.server.execution.CreateProject
Configuring connection...
Ready to create project from Project Type: [REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_TYPE]
An HP internal error has occurred. Please contact HP Project and Portfolio Management support if the problem persists. (KNTA-10023)

Exception Correlation: GUID=D000B388-1C8E-E8F1-D040-E798732FC8F8
Generated Time=2009/11/04-16:59:39.547 IST
Server Node Name: HPPPM For input string: "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]"

---------------------------------------------

i have tried this thing out on two different environments and the result is the same.

Is this a known error to HP PPM or is it that we are missing something from our side.
Thanks in Advance
5 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: PPM error : Not able to create a project by using create project execution step in a workflow.

Hi.
Looks like the request header type you are using lacks the required field groups. Please have a look into the request header type of the pfm-proposal request and compare the field groups included there with the ones in your request header type.
hth
Sascha
Dipen
Super Collector

Re: PPM error : Not able to create a project by using create project execution step in a workflow.

thanks for the solution,

But i can't see any request header by the name pfm-proposal request. Is there a workaround for this.

Alexandru Saven
Regular Collector

field groups are added to your request header type by using the "Field Groups" button in the request header type.

anyways, I think your problem is caused by the fact that maybe the region field does not contain any value. this field is mandatory for project creation, and having it empty causes this error.
Cenk Oguz
Regular Collector

Yes i think I recognize this error. The region parameter needs to be set, obviously it isn't in your current setup.

BR,
Cenk
Dipen
Super Collector

thank u all for the solution,

problem is solved, I had to add the group pfm proposal and it solved the issue.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event