Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM entities which cannot be migrated from one environment to another

Highlighted
Mandy Rahi
Respected Contributor.

PPM entities which cannot be migrated from one environment to another

Hi,
I am trying to list down all the PPM entities which cannot be migrated from one environment to another.
For example a scenario where we are migrating data from PROD to DEV.

I am able to find few such PPM entities are: Timesheet policies, Regions, Notification Templates. These are the PPM entities which cannot be migrated from one instance to another.

Could anyone please let me know what are the other PPM entities which cannot be migrated from one environment to another.

Thannks in advance.

Regards,
Mandy
7 REPLIES
Mandy Rahi
Respected Contributor.

Re: PPM entities which cannot be migrated from one environment to another

Could anyone please help me on this as I need to create a PoC on this and submit EOD today.

Regards,
Mandeep Singh
StefanBienz
Respected Contributor.

Hi Mandy,

Take a look which Object Types you have in Deployment Management, those of the form "PPM ------ Migrator" . These are entities which CAN be migrated, everthing else not.
So there are a few more than you listed:
- Users
- Security Groups (although when they are part of a workflow, the group itself gets migrated, but without users)
- whole Organisation Model
- and everthing which is actual true data in PPM (Requests, Projects, Roles, Skills, Ressource Pools ...). But normaly you don't have to deploy such things anyway

Hope that helps,

Stefan Bienz
Cirrus Consulting AG

Mandy Rahi
Respected Contributor.

Thanks Stefan.
It really helps me a lot. Thanks again.

One more question :
There are certain tables in PPM which store the historic data and because of this there is storage problem. The data in these tables needs to be checked periodically for validity, and deleted once its of no significance.

Could you please suggest if there is any automated script which will periodically do the purge and archive activities on database.

OR
Is there any PPM OOTB functionality for purge and archive activities.

Regards,
Mandy
B Swanson
Super Contributor.

Project Types migrate, but not all the settings migrate. For example, the project summary tab layout page changes will not migrate when you update the portlets on that page in version 7.5.
Alan Delimon
Super Contributor.

We have had to budget for more space on a yearly basis because of the problem you describe. Specifically the issue is with KWFL_STEP_TRANSACTIONS.

Every time a step is executed in PPM it stores a row in this table. As you can imagine, when the number of requests increases, the number of rows in this table increases exponentially.

You can use clm.KWFL_workflow_engine.event to delete these rows, but then you have to resize your table space in Oracle to account for clearing the rows out.

The best thing to do it budget for more space, that way you will always have enough.
Mandy Rahi
Respected Contributor.

Thanks Alan. Its really useful.
Mandy Rahi
Respected Contributor.

Thanks Everyone.