The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM created by Access issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
VarunS
Super Collector

PPM created by Access issue

In PPM Created by user have rights to edit the request in all the steps of process.

If we try to restrict access of created_by user using field level security .Then User is not able to edit those fields even at the time of creation it self.

IS there any way to stop created_by user to edit particular request after submission.

6 REPLIES
Shravan Kathuri

Re: PPM created by Access issue

You can update the created by field with "Admin User" after request submission and you can copy the created by name to some other token for reference purpose.
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi VarunS,

You have to configure in the "security tab" that this user/group only can create the request and (as I remember) the "work flow security" can restrict the user to edit the request, I don't remember if you can restrict a user view a request created by him, but you can specify that "he" can only view the request.
Don't forget that every user who has access to the request can edit it even the user does not has action to do in the work flow.

Regards,
Daniel
VarunS
Super Collector

Hey Shravan,Thanks.

But i am not able to update the System given created_by field using rule.It is not appearing in result section of rules.I think this is not up datable.
Alexander (Sua)
Regular Collector

I think Shravan spoke about something like this
- create execution step as 1st step of the WF
- execution step will do ...
ksc_store CREATED_BY = 1,1 (Admin User ID)
ksc_store CREATED_BY_USERNAME = 'Admin User', 'Admin User'
Shravan Kathuri
Solution

you can update created_by with "1" for kcrt_requests,kcrt_request_header_details and kcrt_request_details tables and run clear cache.

Thanks
Shravan.
VarunS
Super Collector

Thanks Shrvan and sua

i am able to update the created by fields from back end using a plsql function.After it no need to run clear cache As it is in first step after submission so request refresh automatically.

Created by is OOTB header field so we don't have option to update it using ksc_store.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event