The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM can not grant access

Highlighted
Daniel Galvez
Collector

PPM can not grant access

Hi all,

We have PPM 7.1 and we applied the service pack 11 succesfuly. We started the service of PPM and it started normaly but when any user tries to login to PPM, it shows the following error "you have not been granted access to any HP Project and porfolio management center modules".
Does somebody have any idea?

Kind regards,
Daniel
8 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Re: PPM can not grant access

That error indicates the user does not have any licenses assigned. Did the licenses expire? Can you log in to the workbench as admin to determine the status of the licenses and the users?
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi Jim,

The license are fine, even trying to login with the admin user we got the error.

Kind regards,
Daniel
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

(1) Server is not in Restricted mode
(2) Access grants are okay?
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi Erick,

The server is not in restricted mode. The problem that we have are that the server can not give the roles/grants configurated to the users. All the access grants were working fine before we applied the service pack. The users can login into PPM but they can not see any module from PPM like Demand, projects, Resources. The users only can see the "dashboarb" but without any module and the personal information from the user.

Kind regards,
Daniel
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Is the knta_user_products table still populated with data?
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi Jim, this table has 219 rows with data... what else can I do???

Kind regards,
Daniel
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Daniel, are you able to log into the workbench as Admin? Can you verify that the access grants originally given to your security groups are still there, and that your users are still members of those groups? Do you have a ticket open with HP?
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi All,

I solved the issue. The problem is with the "latests" versions service pack for PPM 7.1 and 7.5 after you applied the latests service pack.
The issue will happen if you have installed a language pack, for my case I have 2 servers (one with ppm 7.1 and the other server with ppm 7.5) and both have the language pack applied. So to resolve the issue you have to re-apply the language pack and PPM access grants will star working again.

Kind regards and thanks for the help to all!!!!
Daniel
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event