Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM blocks database tables

Highlighted
Gerardo Gamez
Respected Contributor.

PPM blocks database tables

Hi everyone,

I have a problem, PPM is blocking some database tables, there was the "knta_logon_attemps" table, causing a degradation of the service, then displaying the error. "The database could not be reached", , tried to stop the kintana service with kstop command displaying similar errors, I had to force it by closing the cygwin window, then when trying to start again still displaying errors, db team have to kill all the blocking sessions, then I restarted the application and works fine.

Another problem I have is with the Oracle Rac, sometimes one of the nodes is not responding and is unable to make a failover so the other node can start the services and makes the applications fails, causing we have to restart the servers both application and database.

This are recurrent problems, I attach some screenshots about the first problem.

I want to know if someone has experienced a problem like this and what to do?

I have PPM 7.5 SP4 in a Oracle Rac.

Thanks and regards.

1 REPLY
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PPM blocks database tables

Hi Gerardo,

you will have your reasons for not upgrading to a currently supported version me thinks. You should be aware of the fact however that in later PPM-versions, there are some parameters that will allow you to set the lifetime of inactive database connections so they don't stay open. There are a lot of issues why this could be happening and one would need to determine this on a one-by-one basis - locks on the database have been reported for all versions and the cause is different each time.

Best regardfs,

Dirk