Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM and QC server's restart has disrupted the integration with quality center

Highlighted
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

PPM and QC server's restart has disrupted the integration with quality center

Yesterday we restarted the PPM and QC server's. Since the restart we are facing problems with the integration with quality center.

When a Defect is created in QC, synchronise with PPM. The data is correct but there are no available actions in PPM.

I have attached the screen shot of the PPM where it is failing.

We have checked

i. Communication between PPM and QC Boxes - Working.

ii. Permission to the QC folders - working.

iii. The mappings are configured correctly - working.

We are using

PPM 7.1 SP6
Quality Center 9.0
IT Governance - Quality Center Integration Configuration Tool
8 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PPM and QC server's restart has disrupted the integration with quality center

I am not an expert in PPM - QC Integration... but seems the PPM Request is following bug workflow. Check up whether your 'Defect' Request type follows correct workflow by opening the graphical WF

Regards,
Mahendran M
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Re: PPM and QC server's restart has disrupted the integration with quality center

Hi Mahendran,

Thanks for the quick response.

Whn I create a defect from PPM it is working fine, but we are facing the issue only when we create the defect from QC.

I have attached the graphical workflow.
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

check the security setting of the step #9 "Quality Center Failure". Maybe your useraccount does not have any step permission.

Check the log file of the step #1 "Create QC Defect" as well and post it. Hopefully there are some hints.....

Regards
Volker
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Hi Volker,

I have added the user to the security tab and created the defect request from QC.

Defect Request got created in PPM but still the action buttons are not available in PPM.
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

In logs the following is getting logged.

server:com.kintana.crt.server.CRTExecutionManager Batch ID: 53152:com.kintana.core.database:2009/10/30-17:37:56.987 GMT: DB session [poolID=-1,sid=-1,created=null,conn=null] has already been released, but another release was attempted
java.lang.Exception: Session release stack trace
at com.kintana.core.db.DBConnectionBroker.releaseDBSession(DBConnectionBroker.java:490)
at com.kintana.core.server.ServerConnectionImpl.releaseDBSession(ServerConnectionImpl.java:389)
at com.kintana.core.arch.ConnectionHolder.cleanup(ConnectionHolder.java:219)
at com.kintana.crt.server.RequestDBAdapterImpl.isStale(RequestDBAdapterImpl.java:131)
at com.kintana.core.cache.Cache.get(Cache.java:416)
at com.kintana.core.arch.DBAdapter.loadWrapper(DBAdapter.java:95)
at com.kintana.core.arch.Home.load(Home.java:87)
at com.kintana.crt.bean.UserRequest.load(UserRequest.java:238)
at com.kintana.crt.openapi.RequestWrapper.initExisting(RequestWrapper.java:132)
at com.kintana.crt.server.QCDefectSyncUtil.createDefect(QCDefectSyncUtil.java:65)
at com.kintana.crt.server.KSCCreateQCDefect.execute(KSCCreateQCDefect.java:91)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CommandExecutionAgent.doExecuteCommands(CommandExecutionAgent.java:820)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CommandExecutionAgent.executeCommands(CommandExecutionAgent.java:707)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.BaseExecutionManager.executeBatchForRegularExecution(BaseExecutionManager.java:1104)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.BaseExecutionManager.executeBatch(BaseExecutionManager.java:1038)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.BaseExecutionManager.run(BaseExecutionManager.java:795)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
:com.kintana.crt.server.CRTExecutionManager Batch ID: 53152:com.kintana.services.executions:2009/10/30-17:37:56.993 GMT: Exception while executing 'ksc_create_QC_Defect'
com.kintana.core.openapi.OpenAPIException: Request with ID 55948 was not found in the system. Import was not performed.
at com.kintana.crt.openapi.RequestWrapper.initExisting(RequestWrapper.java:134)
at com.kintana.crt.server.QCDefectSyncUtil.createDefect(QCDefectSyncUtil.java:65)
at com.kintana.crt.server.KSCCreateQCDefect.execute(KSCCreateQCDefect.java:91)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CommandExecutionAgent.doExecuteCommands(CommandExecutionAgent.java:820)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CommandExecutionAgent.executeCommands(CommandExecutionAgent.java:707)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.BaseExecutionManager.executeBatchForRegularExecution(BaseExecutionManager.java:1104)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.BaseExecutionManager.executeBatch(BaseExecutionManager.java:1038)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.BaseExecutionManager.run(BaseExecutionManager.java:795)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

thank you for posting the log file. Can you check your /logs dir? There must be a subdir called REQ_55499 (where 55499 is the request id of the request in your first screen shot) additional log files in html format are located in this dir. Open the file REQ_55499.html. In this file must be at least one link to another log file. This should give a mutch more detailed information than the server log.

Regards
Volker
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Hi Volker,

I have attached the log files from the location you have specified.

From the log file it says that it din't find the Request, but I am able to seahrch that request in PPM.
sam.greg
Honored Contributor.

Can some one help me solving this issue please