Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM and MS Project Plugin Issue

Highlighted
Slewis
Occasional Advisor

PPM and MS Project Plugin Issue

My customer's installation of PPM 8.0 is attempting to utilize the MS Project Plugin integration.  Despite being able to successfully install the plugin, when connecting from MS Project to PPM - it is not recognizing the server and continually asking for the server name and port#.  The PPM log states that there is a java connection probelm.  I've tried to reboot and connect again with no success.  Anyone out there have any ideas that may help?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Slewis
Occasional Advisor

Re: PPM and MS Project Plugin Issue

Another curious part to my issue is that I have been able to successfully export a PPM 8.0 Workplan to MS Project, but cannot import an MS Project file into PPM.

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Scott,

it would help if you were able to paste an excerpt of the serverlog in here.

My best guess however is that a support call should be created for this one.

That PPM-workplan that you exported to MSP, did you succeed in synching it back to PPM?

What is in control of the workplan - MSP or PPM?

Best regards,

Dirk

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Hi Scott,

If the plugin asks you continuously for PPM address and port, it means that it cannot connect successfully to PPM Server.

What address are you inputing exactly when prompted to input PPM Server address and port?

The plugin of PPM 8.0 is using Internet Explorer internet settings to connect to PPM, so can you use Internet Explorer of the workstation on which the plugin is installed to access PPM Web Site without any problem?

One way to pinpoint the root cause of the problem would be to monitor internet traffic between the plugin and PPM server. You can use a monitoring software like Fiddler (http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/version.asp) to monitor all the data exchanges occurring between the plugin and the PPM Server. The reason why the plugin cannot connect to the PPM Server would be obvious in the Fiddler traces.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event