PPM WorkPlan-MS Project Entegration.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sevilay
Collector

PPM WorkPlan-MS Project Entegration.

Hi,

one of our project managers want to import another project's plan which is prepared in microsoft project into the existing workplan.
There are also actuals and completed tasks in the existing workplan .Is it possible to import from MS Project into this PPM workplan without damaging any of the actual data?

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PPM WorkPlan-MS Project Entegration.

There is no way to do that in PPM, you could copy two projects together in MSP, but most likely you will lose actual data in MSP and/or when uploading it back to PPM because MSP calculates a little differently than PPM.
Best way would be to have 2 projects in PPM and link them together using external predecessors and maybe but them in a program together.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi Sevilay.
It's possible.
For this you need create bulp project P1. Inport your new part of WP to him.
Open you existing project in PPM. Go to WP.And use options "Import another Work Plan". Next:select your project P1 and DONE.
After import delet P1.
In result you have wot you wont.
Good Luck.
Sevilay
Collector

Hi Alexander,

yes you are right,i found out this solution on Friday and did this way.
Thanks for your reply.
Sevilay
Collector

As Alexander said ,i created another blank project without a work plan.And then i exported the MS project to this blank project and in the actual project i used the "import another work plan" link in the "Actions" menu item .Finally i delete the blank project.

Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

Be aware that you lose all actual data in P1 this is way. It is like using P1 as a workplan template for a section of your workplan.
Sevilay
Collector

Thanks Sascha,there is no actual in P1,it is only a template,blank project which is used for importing workplan template.
Actuals are in the other project.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event