Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Upgrade from 9.12 directly to 9.20?? (Easy Kudos Here!)

Highlighted
kintanadan
Regular Collector

PPM Upgrade from 9.12 directly to 9.20?? (Easy Kudos Here!)

Hello,

Is it acceptable to upgrade PPM from 9.12 directly to 9.20??

We are not using Documentum and the documentation is somewhat unclear.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES
Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Re: PPM Upgrade from 9.12 directly to 9.20?? (Easy Kudos Here!)

I am guessing you have already migrated your Docs over to PPM Databse DMS as part of 9.12 upgrade right ?  If you already have, I believe it should be just fine.. 

Now,  if you are still only using local filesystem storage (NO DMS & NO Documentum),  although I think it shuld be fine, you might still want to want to Confirm that with HP on that one.

Thanks.

-Raj

Here's what the Supported Upgrade Path in Upgrade Guide for 9.2 says:

Current PPM Center Version -  9.12   Can be upgraded to 9.20 c

** Disclamour: If your organization still uses a Documentum-based document management system, make sure you migrate it to PPM Center Database DMS using the Administration Console tool DMS Configuration on PPM Center version 9.13 or 9.14 before you upgrade PPM Center to version 9.20. For detailed instructions about how to migrate a Documentum-based DMS, see the Document Management Guide and Reference for PPM Center version 9.20.

kintanadan
Regular Collector

Hi Raj,

DMS wasn't available in version 9.12, so no we didn't have anything to migrate to.

Thanks for the response.

Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

Just fyi here if it helps,

looks like 9.2 allows Migration of Document from current DMS solution to Database DMS as well. So, they probably just have concern on Documentum.  Good Luck !

kintanadan
Regular Collector

Thanks,

With the new patching strategy, I was just wondering if 9.20 had everything from 9.13, 9.14 rolled into it. (Minus the integration with Documentum)

Regards

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Hi,

1) Yes, you can upgrade directly from PPM 9.12 to PPM 9.20.

2) You don't need to migrate to PPM Database DMS. You are using "File Attachments" (also called "File System DMS", and it works fine with PPM 9.20+ too. No change required here.

3) PPM 9.20 includes all the changes and fixed from PPM 9.14 (and much more), but not all the changes in the latest 9.14.000X patches. If you want this (and you should!), then you should directly migrate from 9.20 to 9.22, which was released a few days ago.

Thanks,

Etienne.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event