Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM Upgrade : How to migrate customized objects from 7.1 to 7.5

Highlighted
Mandy Rahi
Respected Contributor.

PPM Upgrade : How to migrate customized objects from 7.1 to 7.5

Hi,

I am upgrading HP PPM 7.1 to 7.5. I've created few customized objects like Request, Request Type,Request Headers,Workflows etc. in instance 7.1.

I am performing out of the box upgarding process.

Could anyone please let me know how can I migrate these customized objects from 7.1 to 7.5.

If any doc on this would be much helpful.

Cheers,
Mandy
5 REPLIES
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: PPM Upgrade : How to migrate customized objects from 7.1 to 7.5

Mandy, I don't think object migration between two PPM instances is possible if they are on different versions like in your case. You might need to upgrade your 7.1 instance to 7.5 as well before you can use PPM Migration functionality.
You can may be try just "extracting" in 7.1 and then ftp that to 7.5 /transfer yourself manually and try just "importing" and see if that works but I am still NOT sure if that will work. Upgrading 7.1 to 7.5 may be your best option.
Thanks.
-Raj
Mandy Rahi
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for your reply Raj,

Actually I've created few objects in 7.1 instance and now I am upgarding it to 7.5 so I just want to know whether these objects would get migrated during upgarding OR should I need to do something extra so that my 7.5 instance does not miss these objects after upgrading.

Cheers,
Mandy
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

They should get upgraded automatically as part of Upgrade Process. You might still want to verify that that after the Upgrade is complete. If by some reason it doesn't you should be able to migrate them very easily using the "Object Type Migrator".
But I think it should migrate automatically without any issues.
We have a huge number of custom object types in our system and I just migrated from 6.0->7.1->7.5 and had no issues at all.
- Raj
Alan Delimon
Super Contributor.

Yes, they should get pulled over automatically.

We've had objects in our instance from as long ago as 5.0. They are still alive, well, and in use in our 7.5 instance.

One thing to note, if you are going to 7.5, be sure to go to the latest service pack. There have been a large number of bugs fixed and you will want to get all those fixes.
Mandy Rahi
Respected Contributor.

Thanks a lot Raj and Alan for your kind help.

All the objects( those created in 7.1) are visible in instance 7.5.

Cheers,
Mandy