PPM Support PDF's

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
a68war
Valued Contributor.

PPM Support PDF's

Hi,

Anyone know which PDF administrative manually covers the PPM Email service and Tables. I require information regarding:

1. How the the PPM Email service runs
  2. How it uses data from the Tables
  3. How we can customize entries when we insert into TABLES the new email notifications
  4. How to send the same email to TO: and CC: instead of the same email going twice to TO: then CC:

Many Thanks,

Andy

4 REPLIES
d4y4n4
Honored Contributor.

Re: PPM Support PDF's

Hi

You may want to check these related articles/guides
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM525898
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM197204
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1014814

Services that send notifications
Notification Service
RM Notification Service
Time Sheet Notifications
Mobility Access Service

Regards,
Dayana
a68war
Valued Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I guess what I've missed and want to know is:

The 'knta_notification_recipients' table holds the 'DISTRIBUTION_TYPE_CODE', which is either 'TO' or 'CC'. When I run my function to update the email tables the PPM SMTP service sends separate emails with the same content to both TO and CC individually, normally the TO and CC are on the same email. Now I have users complaining that they can't see who got the email.

Attached is my function. I really need to understand the link between the tables which places the same contents and subject to both TO and CC recipients? I run the function as follows:

//First loop:

vCurrentAddressEmail:='email@company;anotherEmail@company;';

vReportID:='1';

Email_subject:='Subject of Email';

vMessageBody:='Email body in HTML';

vAC:='TO';

RETURN_VALUE := WLS_SEND_EMAIL_TEST_noTemplate(vCurrentAddressEmail,vReportID,Email_subject,vMessageBody,vAC);

//Second loop:

vCurrentAddressEmail:='email@company;anotherEmail@company;';

vReportID:='1';

Email_subject:='Subject of Email';

vMessageBody:='Email body in HTML';

vAC:='CC';

RETURN_VALUE := WLS_SEND_EMAIL_TEST_noTemplate(vCurrentAddressEmail,vReportID,Email_subject,vMessageBody,vAC);

This sends the same email twice, once to TO and the second time to CC.

Regards,

Andy

a68war
Valued Contributor.

Sorry used my test wording in last reply and attached correct function, so please replace:

RETURN_VALUE := WLS_SEND_EMAIL_TEST_noTemplate

with

RETURN_VALUE := WLS_SEND_EMAIL_CLOB_noTemplate
a68war
Valued Contributor.
Solution

Hi,

Just to inform you that I have found the solution to the separate TO and CC issue. I broke up the function that populates the notification tables, this function was designed to send ‘TO’ emails only. This lead to a number of complaints about the TO and CC lists getting separate emails (same content), so the TO could not see from the email who was on the CC list and vice versa.

Due to other work it’s taken me a while to figure this one out. So I broke the function down so the TO list populates the main tables and the CC list gets added to the main ‘knta_notif_txn_recipients’ table under the same ‘NOTIF_TXN_DETAIL_ID’ with CC as ‘DISTRIBUTION_TYPE_CODE’, hence now for each PPM object I target for email sending all roles are sent on the same email under TO and CC accordingly, and within RFC email standards.

Hope this helps others:-)