PPM & Subversion - File Chooser Problems

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
thePITman
Super Collector

PPM & Subversion - File Chooser Problems

Hi All,

We know that Subversion (SVN) doesn't really have directory structuers, but rather a virtual database structure that is only accessible via SVN's "svn list" command, thus rendering PPM's "File Chooser" validations useless to a point.

So, we have installed a SVN client on our PPM server to enable SVN API calls directly from our PPM command line. If I log into the command line interface, I can successfully execute "svn list [URL]" from the PPM server and see the directory structure within SVN.

We are trying to find the equivalent of the "File Chooser" that we should use for SVN, when adding lines/objects to a package, since the folders/files aren't tangibly accessible.

Here is my current approach (step #1 works, the rest do not):

1. Use out-of-the-box Directory Chooser that connects to SVN environment to go as far as possible and select a parent SVN repository until the rest is inside the SVN database directory structure.
  2. Use the value chosen by Directory Chooser (folder name) and store it as a parameter (P_SUB_PATH).
  3. Using another field/validation, execute "svn list" special command on a SVN URL with [P_SUB_PATH] appended on the end. (results should be "branches/," "tags/," and "trunk/."
  4. I want a user to be able to select a "directory" (such as "tags/"), and then a new "svn list" is executed to allow the user to keep drilling down until the desired SVN file or folder is found.

Here is where I am:

When I open my Object Type and go to Preview the layout, I can successfully connect to SVN and select the repository's parent folder.

When I click the box next to my "File Chooser" equivalent field (a new Auto Complete List validation using special command with "svn list"), I get the following error:

"An error occurred while executing the commands for this validation. Please review the log and see your HP Project and Portfolio Management system administrator for assistance. (KNTA-10873)"

The execution log has the following:

CL Local Exec

Source Command:SVN List

svn list http://.../ --username admin
Error retrieving environment information.
Text doesn't appear to be encoded or there is an encryption key mismatch.
Failed

The server log has the following:

ERROR :CommandRunner for com.kintana.core.server.execution.CLLocalExecCommand Batch ID: 153307:com.kintana.core.executions.commands.localExec:2014/05/01-15:56:28.794 EDT: Unexpected exception occurred running ksc_local_exec:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Text doesn't appear to be encoded or there is an encryption key mismatch.
at com.kintana.sc.security.ElGamalAlgorithm.decode(ElGamalAlgorithm.java:371)
at com.kintana.sc.security.ElGamalAlgorithm.decrypt2(ElGamalAlgorithm.java:396)
at com.kintana.core.util.PasswordManager.decryptElGamal(PasswordManager.java:422)
at com.kintana.core.util.PasswordManager.decrypt(PasswordManager.java:127)
at com.kintana.core.util.PasswordManager.decrypt(PasswordManager.java:143)
at com.kintana.core.util.FileUtils.getLocalhost(FileUtils.java:432)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CLLocalExecCommand.execute(CLLocalExecCommand.java:460)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CommandRunner.run(CommandRunner.java:106)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
ERROR server:com.kintana.core.server.CmdValidationExecutionManager Batch ID: 153307:com.kintana.core.validations:2014/05/01-15:56:28.796 EDT: com.kintana.core.server.CmdValidationExecutionListener: error or exception thrown while generating a command output packet
ERROR server:com.kintana.core.server.CmdValidationExecutionManager Batch ID: 153307:com.kintana.core.validations:2014/05/01-15:56:28.797 EDT: An error occured while executing the commands for this validation. Please review the log and see your HP Project and Portfolio Management system administrator for assistance. (KNTA-10873)

My Unix/DB guy says he can see that the "svn list" command IS, in fact, pulling the 3 directories back (branches, tags, trunk), but the above error is keeping it from being sent back to PPM.

Can someone please provide me some tips on how to drill down into SVN's database folder structure to allow selecting files to add to a PPM package?

Thank you very much!

1 REPLY
thePITman
Super Collector
Solution

Re: PPM & Subversion - File Chooser Problems

I solved the problem. My KINTANA_SERVER environment was not connecting. I "Checked" the connection, and it was failing at Server and Database. I re-entered the passwords for eached, Checked (successfully), and then retried the AutoComplete List file chooser from the Object Preview section.

I no longer get an error. Instead, I get an empty box with no values. This is just a matter of correctly parsing the "svn list" output and breaking it into parts that can be chosen from the validation. I will work on this internally.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event