PPM-SM Integration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Miguel Calderon
Trusted Contributor.

PPM-SM Integration

Hello
I'am tryin to integrate PPM with SM and i get this message: "at com.kintana.crt.sdi.SDIStartupService.runService(SDIStartupService.java:113)
at com.kintana.core.server.ServiceController$ServiceThread.run(ServiceController.java:125)
:MAC Start up:com.kintana.services:2009/09/15-16:15:01.511 GMT-05:00: Unexpected error reading settings from file serviceManager-adapter.settings
com.mercury.onyx.genericinfra.settings.impl.FileLoadSettingsException: Error parsing files
at com.mercury.onyx.genericinfra.settings.impl.FolderSettingsSource.init(FolderSettingsSource.java:559)
at com.kintana.crt.sdi.extension.FolderSettingsSourceExt.init(FolderSettingsSourceExt.java:19)
at com.mercury.onyx.genericinfra.settings.impl.SettingsManagerImpl.init(SettingsManagerImpl.java:472)
at com.mercury.onyx.genericinfra.settings.impl.SettingsManagerImpl.init(SettingsManagerImpl.java:459)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)"

what can i do ??
15 REPLIES
Victoria Stefan
Super Contributor.
Solution

Re: PPM-SM Integration

Hi Miguel,

I have attached an example of serviceManager-adapter.settings file. Check the date format in SM application and modify it in queryDateFormatPattern according it.

Is your MAC Service started?

Regards,

Victoria
Miguel Calderon
Trusted Contributor.

Hi

i have already made all that you post to me, but the error still persist in my integration with PPM, i have attach the serverlog, servicemanager.setting , ppm.setting and convert files.

anything you can help me is gonna be very useful

thanks in advanced
Miguel Calderon
Trusted Contributor.

Hello

Yes the Mac service started

Best regards
Victoria Stefan
Super Contributor.

Hi Miguel,

Think that your serviceManager-adapter.settings file can not be read because of the password for falcon. Try to put not encrypted password only for SM user.
And start with one direction integration SM-PPM to troubleshoot the problem.

Regards,

Victoria
koya
Super Contributor.

It looks like your Timezone property is having a wierd character: that is supposed to be GMT+5:00.

I guess it is the wierd character that is causing the problems. The settings file is an xml file without the .xml extension. If you get a error in the settings file, it is better you copy your settings file with a .xml extension and open in your browser to ensure that there are no xml errors.

Miguel Calderon
Trusted Contributor.

Hello

thanks all for your help, i did the change to the settings files and i had one error in the timeZone parameter, but now PPM don't register anything in the serverlog what can i review ?
Miguel Calderon
Trusted Contributor.

Hi

how can i confirm that mac services is running?? because i can't see anything in the log files and it seems to be ok.
this is the service_controller report.
Victoria Stefan
Super Contributor.

Hi Miguel,

Your service is started MAC Start up and next run time is 17:59:59.

For more debug information in logging.conf put debug parameter - com.kintana.core.logging.SYSTEM_THRESHOLD = DEBUG and restart the PPM service.

Put some log messages in convertChange.js and check script-logs. For example logger.info("Post filter step").

Check also SDI_SUMMARY_LOGS and SDI_LOG_DETAILS tables in oracle db. You can query them also in PPM workbanch - SysAdmin Server tools - SQL Runner.

PP: You have to update some change in SM to have affect in PPM. PPM is tracking SM Changes by sysmodtime.

Regards,

Victoria
Miguel Calderon
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Victoria thanks for your help.

in the SDI_LOG_DETAILS i have two records

----------- ---------- --------------------- --------------- ----------------------------------------
30000 30000 9/16/2009 12:00:01 PM 2 9/17/2009 12:01:38 PM 2 An HP internal error has occurred. Pleas
30030 30030 9/17/2009 10:20:04 AM 2 9/17/2009 11:38:15 AM 2 java.net.ConnectException: Connection re

in the serverlog

:MAC Start up:com.mercury.onyx.sdi.config.MultiLevelAdapterConfigurer:2009/09/17-12:10:03.256 GMT-05:00: Error configuring multi level adapter serviceManager-adapter
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.mercury.onyx.genericinfra.scripting.ScriptingRuntimeException: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: missing name after . operator (convertChange.js#37)

MC

Miguel Calderon
Trusted Contributor.

hello i have this error in the sdi_details_logs:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
com.mercury.onyx.sdi.sdk.ConnectionException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at com.mercury.onyx.sdi.sdk.peregrine.PeregrineChangeConnector.callRetrieveChangeKeys(PeregrineChangeConnector.java:104)
at com.mercury.onyx.sdi.sdk.sm7.SM7ChangeConnector.retrieveKeys(SM7ChangeConnector.java:130)
at com.mercury.onyx.sdi.sdk.sm7.SM7ChangeConnector.retrieveKeys(SM7ChangeConnector.java:43)
at com.mercury.onyx.sdi.sdk.sm

koya
Super Contributor.

Did you have the SM7 webservice for ChangeManagement running?

Miguel Calderon
Trusted Contributor.

Hello

Yes, i type http://10.3.3.67:13080/SM/7/ChangeManagement.wsdl in my brwoser and i get the wsdl.

Regards

MC
himanshukumar
Trusted Contributor.

Miguel,

It looks like PPM application server is not able to connect to the URL you mentioned. Are you able to telnet this URL from App Server? Can you add the entry for this URL in the host file of the App server and then try again?

Thanks!
Himanshu
Richard Woodman
Valued Contributor.

We are also trying to integrate PPM 7.5 SP4 with SM 7.10.

When generated the web service stubs, did you use http://:13080/SM/7/ChangeManagement.wsdl or what was in the MAC Guide http://sc62server/PWS/ChangeManagement.wsdl.

Both URLs show the wsdl description from our SM server when it entered into a browser but the kGenerateServiceCenterStub.sh script fails when we use the SM/7 wsdl URL.

Do we need an updated script in order to use the SM/7 wsdl?
JatinRana
Valued Contributor.

Can anyone send me documents how to start up with PPM-SM Integration, reply would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks - JatinRana.