Does anyone any experience on it?

Thanks a lot,

Michael

3 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PPM - SAP Integration

Hi Michael,

I have no practical experience with SAP-extensions. You seem to still be using PPM 7.5, if you speak about budgets.

The only notes I can add is that with PPM 8.0 or higher, tt's not possible to initialize SAP Extension Object Type transport in non-english Sessions anymore.

I hope that you get according feedback and information.

Good luck on that.

Best regards,

Dirk

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi, Michael,

I also do not have experience with the SAP - PPM integration, but I would implement your requirements in a connector using web services.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Michael,

I have some experiance. I couldn't give you details but cold give you some ideas.

- Copy the approved budget from PPM to SAP

• SAP BAPI could call PPM Financial Summary Web Services. Depend on case, you can enter cost center/profit center to PPM Project Request Type fields. So you can link project budget with a cost center/profit center (and an account number in General Ledger)

- Update PPM with SAP non-labor actuals

• Non-Labour may include vendor/contractor invoices captured in SAP. Depend on link between PPM Project & SAP (like center/profit center), SAP BAPI could call PPM Financial Summary Add Actual function and send sum of invoices as non-labor actual. 

- Update SAP with PPM labor actuals

• PPM timesheet labor actuals could call by SAP BPI via PPM timesheet ws. Then same BAPI send this data to CATS (The Cross Application Time Sheet). CATS calculate resource cost and actuals, so give labor actual costs. You can send it back to the PPM back again. CATS could find in SAP PS module.

These are general solutions about WHAT you can. You should detail HOW you can with SAP ABAP, SAP PS and SAP FI/CO consultants.

PS: Please keep alive our forum via kudos the professionals

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect