Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Report Error

Highlighted
shygirl
Regular Collector

PPM Report Error

Could you please let us know the possible causes of below error in the ppm report perspective.
We have created a report and we have a multi-select report filter that when exceed to more that 30 values gives the error -->

The maximum parameter length for SqlPlus is 239 characters.
13 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: PPM Report Error

Is it OOTB Report or Custom report that you created?

If it is your custom report, Please try to increase the size of the filter field validation to some higher value. I have faced this issue in Portlet and Request type but not in report.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Try changing the column for the report type's filter parameter46 or higher. These columns allow 4000 chars.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Looks like your report is calling a sqlplus script, and passing in the value(s) from your multiselect as a parameter, but the data exceeds the max for a sqlplus parameter.

If you're passing in the VALUE, you could try passing the CODE instead as those are usually shorter in length.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Is there is any option to increase the max for a sqlplus parameter?

Regards,
Mahendran M
shygirl
Regular Collector

In the filter field we are giving the resource name but we are passing the resource id only. If we put more than 30 resources in the field the error then occured.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Eric may be right.
Though, the report submissions are saved to a database table and only the paramter columns 46 - 50 allow 4000 characters, so you should make sure, for the filter in question, to use parameter46 or higher.
shygirl
Regular Collector

We are using parameter46 for the filter field which triggers the error;

How is it possible that we are recieving a report log which is pointing to different parameter where in real sense it is parameter46 which trigger the error;

"The maximum parameter length for SQLPlus is 239 characters. Parameter #11 exceeds the maximum."

In our report parameter11 is a filter field with radio button validation only.

Your response is highly appreciated. Thanks.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

That does not look very for you:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=2126222
It's an older post, but it may not have changed. Do you have the option to create a JSP report instead of one using SQLplus?
JSP reports are executed by the server using its jdbc connection instead of SQLplus?
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

shygirl,

30 resources seems about right - for each selected resource you're sending a 5-digit resource_id and probably the 3-char #@# delimiter. This will add up fast.

When the error refers to "Parameter #11" it means the eleventh parameter passed to sqlplus, not parameter11 in your report.

I don't know of any option to increase the max size for a sqlplus parameter, so I think you will have to limit the report to less than 30 resources, or possibly find a workaround like creating a JSP report or using multiple fields to select all the resources your report requires. Is this an OOB report?
shygirl
Regular Collector

Thanks for all your responses!
shygirl
Regular Collector

This is a custom report.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Can you disable your Parameter 11 and move the radio button to a different Parameter and try?

Regards,
Mahendran M
shygirl
Regular Collector

the parameter#11 refers to the 10th parameter I am passing in the sql. I have tried moving my parameter11 to the end..19th parameter, and the error shows parameter#20, the error message varies in the current+1 position of the exceeded parameter.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event