Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Questions

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

PPM Questions

Hi everyone,

I'm new in the Financial module and I will be implementing it soon, so I have some questions.

1.- If possible to create fields (user data fields) in the approved budget and also in the Staffing Profile?.

2.- In the user data in the financial summary I want to create a field that use the token of the cost category to show only specific data of that category, it's possible?

3.- There are a way to insert financial summary data using the PPM procedures or only WS are the only options.

4.- I haven't see a WS for approved budget, is there any on 9.1.x versions? Or a PPM procedure to update the budgets?

Regards,

Alfredo

5 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: PPM Questions

My response

1. Approved Budegt = NO; Staffing Profile = YES
  2. Not possible
  3. Web services is the easiest and safest approach
  4. Web service function exists for create/edit/delete approve budget in FS

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

Hi Utkarsh!

I just want to say thanks for taking time to answer my Financial Questions, I'm a little bit lost in this module. It's my first time implementing it.

Currently I'm having two more questions,

I hope you can give me some lights on them

1.- I saw that its posible to change the categories (modifying the CST Validations) to show categories acorddingly the type of cost materials or worklabor), I need to know if its possible to change the categories if the Type of cost is CAPEX or OPEX.

2.- How can I permanently activate CAPITALIZATION COST for request & Projects

Thanks again!

Regards,

Alfredo
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor
Solution

Directly its not possible to change the validation for expense type. You may try to rename the values from back-end; but I would recommend you to never do it, as validation is used at many places.

The validation name is - CST - Budget Expense Type

For your second question, you can set the capitalized flag in Project settings (under cost and effort) for Projects, so for existing project you need to manully go and update this setting or can update it from DB and for new projects modify the project type; where as for Asset or Proposal or any demand request which uses financial field group there this setting is derived from Financial Summary settings.

Project Setting - Capitalized Cost

Proposal or Asset - Capitalized Cost

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

Thanks for your help Utkarsh,

Do you know which is the table and field to update the value for all projects nstead of doing manually?

Regards,

Alfredo

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

You would need to mofify any other these tables itg_settings_attributes , itg_settings_cont_attrs ,
itg_settings_containers. Here are few examples to validate the project settings

select p.project_name ,p.pfm_request_id, ps.attribute_name,ps.attribute_value, KR.STATUS_CODE
from pm_projects p
join pm_work_plans wp on (wp.project_id = p.project_id AND wp.entity_type = 'WORK_PLAN')
join wp_tasks t on (t.work_plan_id = wp.work_plan_id and t.sequence_number = 0)
join kdrv_project_setup ps on ps.source_id = t.task_id and ps.source_entity_id = 6
join kcrt_requests kr on (KR.REQUEST_ID = p.pfm_request_id
                        and KR.STATUS_CODE in ('IN_PROGRESS','NEW'))
where 1=1
--and p.project_id = 47677
and ps.attribute_name like 'CE.rollupCostsToBudget'
and ps.attribute_value in ('AUTO_LABOR_MANUAL_NONLABOR','AUTO_LABOR_AUTO_NONLABOR');

-------------------------------------------

select p.project_name ,p.pfm_request_id, ps.attribute_name,ps.attribute_value, KR.STATUS_CODE
from pm_projects p
join pm_work_plans wp on (wp.project_id = p.project_id AND wp.entity_type = 'WORK_PLAN')
join wp_tasks t on (t.work_plan_id = wp.work_plan_id and t.sequence_number = 0)
join kdrv_project_setup ps on ps.source_id = t.task_id and ps.source_entity_id = 6
join kcrt_requests kr on (KR.REQUEST_ID = p.pfm_request_id
                        and KR.STATUS_CODE in ('IN_PROGRESS','NEW'))
where 1=1
--and p.project_id = 49360 
and ps.attribute_name like 'CE.approvedByPM'
and ps.attribute_value in ('true');

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event