PPM - QC Integration Problem --

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

PPM - QC Integration Problem --

Hi,

i am at the very beginning of the PPM-QC integration work.i set up the /integration/mac/ppmqcintegrationtool.exe in my local computer.
My computer,PPM server and QC server are at the same network by the way.

I enabled the web services at PPM config.
When i try to enter the Ip adress of the PPM server to the PPM Center Settings i get the attached error.

What can be the reason for this?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES
swaroop.nani
Respected Contributor.

Re: PPM - QC Integration Problem --

Hi Sevilay,

There is no attachment.
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Hi again,

thanks for the warning.

i attached it this time.

Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Sorry i want to update the my problem.

i solved the problem in the first post.

i attached the screenshot of the second problem.

I made the PPM Center Settings.Test connection to the PPM server was succesfull.But i can't enable a Qality Center Project for the Integration.
In fact i can't connect to the Quality Center through this tool.I get the attached error.
Although both the username and password is correct,i get the "Run-time 91 error".

Thanks again.
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

check if you have write permissions to the program folder of the integration tool on your computer. I saw some "stupid errors" in the past relating to missing write permissions.

Regards
Volker
jerome.vovard
Super Contributor.

Hi,
did you upload the QC client ActiveX component to the server you installed the PPM/QC configuration tool?
The best way is to connect to QC client web site (using IE) from the server where you launched the PPM/QC configuration tool in order to be sure that the Activex is correctly installed.
Also, Which version of the PPM/QC configuration tool do you use?
Does the regional settings of your server are in EN_US?
Regards,
Sevilay
Honored Contributor.

Hi ,

thanks to everybody firstly.

Jerome ,i didn't setup QC Client ActiveX component.Where can i find this?

The version of the PPM/Qc integration tool is 1.6.1006.

The regional settings are en_us.

Thanks again.
jerome.vovard
Super Contributor.
Solution

Ok,
The version 1.6.1006. is the one provided with PPM 8.01, isn't it?

Regarding the ActiveX of QC, There is two ways to install this component to your sever:
1) you open IE (Internet Explorer) and type the URL of the QC site client : if you get a list of items, select 'Quality Center' instead of 'Site Admin' nor the others links So the ActiveX will be installed to your computer. : if you got the login windows containing 2 editabled fields (domain and Project) and 2 disabled fields (Username, Password) then the ActiveX is already installed.
2)you open IE (Internet Explorer) and type the URL of the QC site client , you'll get a page containing some links, select the 'addons' link then you'll be able to find a link to install the activex (QCclient).

But, just to be clear, you also can decide to install the QC/PPM configuration to a computer where QC is used, But you should check that you can connect to PPM from this new computer. The Aim of this tool is just to create an xml file and to deploy it to the both softs (PPM and QC) so it need to access to the both softs (PPM and QC).
REgards,