The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM - License file and IP concept (any ideas)

Highlighted
RipSandhu
Occasional Advisor

PPM - License file and IP concept (any ideas)

Want to know PPM licence files are binded to which IP address .. host IP, Operating System IP, Package IP address...etc.

Background:

We are planning to install PPM 7.5 with IBM AIX Power5 OS but not on a dedicated standalone machines rather on AIX LPARs which will be stationed in a Cloud Landscape (Dynamic Data Center).

The IP address in the DDC are assigned in the following fashion:

a) Physical Host IP
b) Operating System IP
c) LPAR IP
d) Package IP for many applications in common.

To maintain Dynamisim in the Cloud, the LPAR's and its mount (where applications are installed) are often migrated onto to different physical hosts as per the need of resources. Such a migration changes the IP of a Host and IP of the OS. where as package or LPAR IP are intact.

My concern is which of the above IP address are connected with Licenses of PPMC.

I know in a dedicated-standalone machine the IP of the host machine are linked with the licenses ... but any ideas how it works in the Cloud Computing environment.

- Ravinder.

1 REPLY
Farid Sheikh
Occasional Contributor

Re: PPM - License file and IP concept (any ideas)

It would be the IP of the host machine, but i would suggest that you should check with HP support.

Best,
Farid
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event