Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Error

Highlighted
PPMRam
Collector

PPM Error

Hi,

Getting Error in Trying to Add Text and Attachments into an open ITG Request. Below is the error info.

Error Info : The text-field entry for {0} of {1} has length greater than that allowed for the database. (KNTA-70014)

Please help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Ram Mohan

9 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Re: PPM Error

Hi, Ram,

which PPM version are you using?

Did you try the following:

- try inserting a shorter text;

- try inserting a document with a shorter path and shorter name, make sure to avoid any special characters;

- check the server log for any ORA- errors.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Ram,

there is a known issue when in the notes-section you add extra line feeds. This is known to break a save and cause exactly THAT error-message also. So also check how this happens - for every request of a certain Request Type, only for certain requests, only for certain fields or for any upon save. Also I underline what Alex says - we need logs and a more isolating description.

Regards,

Dirk

PPMRam
Collector

Hi,

We are using PPM 8.0 SP 2.

Below is the error in server log.

The text-field entry for {0} of {1} has length greater than that allowed for the database. (KNTA-70014)

at com.kintana.ex.util.ExpressUtils.checkDataIntegrityJSP(ExpressUtils.java:554)

at com.kintana.crt.util.CRTXRequestUtils.getParameterCodeString(CRTXRequestUtils.java:1361)

at com.kintana.crt.web.ctrl.RequestUpdateController.extractFields(RequestUpdateController.java:1151)

at com.kintana.crt.web.ctrl.RequestUpdateController.update(RequestUpdateController.java:436)

at com.mercury.itg.servlet.ActionMonitorFilter.doFilter(ActionMonitorFilter.java:82)

at com.mercury.itg.servlet.HibernateSessionFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionFilter.java:79)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MLUFilter.applyFilter(MLUFilter.java:110)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:59)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.applyFilter(ValidationFilter.java:93)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.doFilter(ValidationFilter.java:66)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MultipartRequestFilter.applyFilter(MultipartRequestFilter.java:108)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.applyFilter(ControlFilter.java:825)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.doFilter(ControlFilter.java:1318)

at com.mercury.itg.servlet.I18NFilter.doFilter(I18NFilter.java:40)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.Log4jFilter.applyFilter(Log4jFilter.java:49)

at com.kintana.core.web.filter.PerformanceFilter.applyFilter(PerformanceFilter.java:57)

Filtered Out 50 Stack Trace Lines.

PPMRam
Collector

Hi,

Any updates on this.

Regards,

Ram Mohan

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Ram,

Yes, there were two updates with the following summarized content by Alex and myself:

- try inserting a document with a shorter path and shorter name, make sure to avoid any special characters;

there is a known issue when in the notes-section you add extra line feeds. This is known to break a save and cause exactly THAT error-message also. So also check how this happens - for every request of a certain Request Type, only for certain requests, only for certain fields or for any upon save. Also I underline what Alex says - we need logs and a more isolating description.

Sorry and no offense meant, but we are supplying best effort here without any additional gain from it except for perhaps the one or other ‘thank you’ by a customer / colleague. In so far it would be quite helpful AND polite to react to questions and proposals that were made in order to help you and understand better what is going on before asking for further updates without adding your own two cents.

I’m not sitting in front of the machine and able to isolate the issue. You’ll have to do a bit more than just ask for updates without supplying the additional information.

Regards,

Dirk

PPMRam
Collector

Hi,

we are facing this issue in production environment only not in dev environment. I have tried to replicate this in dev but not getting such type of error. So, not able to provide any server logs of exact issue. Earlier provided error log have taken from production server logs when found the issue.

Thanks,

Ram Mohan

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Ram,

I still don't see the answers having been given. As there were:

Yes, there were two updates with the following summarized content by Alex and myself:

Additionally, I now question myself why you cannot provide the serverlog.txt from the production system (you would have to anyway if you open a ticket with HP Support) and if, when trying to reproduce on DEV, you would know how a possible replication works, why you cannot provide this to us in what you do so we have an idea.

Another thought would be to check the enviorments for differences in the configuration. Since you should ideally use DEV -> Test -> Prod, it doesn't make sense to test something on Dev that doesn't run on Prod. Is Dev a clone of Prod system?

We need more info. Alternatively, open a support case with HP Support if you need this assistance urgently.

Regards,

Dirk

Diego Aguila
Occasional Contributor

Hi, anyone could resolve this error?? we have a similar issue in a instance PPM 9.14 the extract of the server log is the following:

La entrada para el campo {0} en {1} no es un número decimal válido con un máximo de {2} cifras decimales. (KNTA-70013)
	at com.kintana.ex.util.ExpressUtils.checkDataIntegrityJSP(ExpressUtils.java:733)
	at com.kintana.crt.util.CRTXRequestUtils.getParameterCodeString(CRTXRequestUtils.java:1479)
	at com.kintana.crt.web.ctrl.RequestUpdateController.extractFields(RequestUpdateController.java:1405)
	at com.kintana.crt.web.ctrl.RequestUpdateController.update(RequestUpdateController.java:515)
	at com.mercury.itg.servlet.ActionMonitorFilter.doFilter(ActionMonitorFilter.java:87)
	at com.mercury.itg.servlet.HibernateSessionFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionFilter.java:97)
	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MLUFilter.applyFilter(MLUFilter.java:115)
	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:68)
	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.applyFilter(ValidationFilter.java:178)
	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.doFilter(ValidationFilter.java:104)
	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MultipartRequestFilter.applyFilter(MultipartRequestFilter.java:94)
	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.applyFilter(ControlFilter.java:917)
	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.doFilter(ControlFilter.java:1479)
	at com.mercury.itg.servlet.I18NFilter.doFilter(I18NFilter.java:46)
	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.SchemeBasedRedirectFilter.doFilter(SchemeBasedRedirectFilter.java:75)
	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.Log4jFilter.applyFilter(Log4jFilter.java:56)
	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.PerformanceFilter.applyFilter(PerformanceFilter.java:60)

Plus I'm attaching a screen shot with the message error.

the translate in inglish would be: "the entrance to the range {0} to {1} is not a valid decimal number {2} decimal places"

the error didn't appear when the user has a admin security groups.

thanks in advance.

Diego.

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Diego,

this issue looks to be a totally different problem.

The error correctly translated would in fact be

'The entry in {0} for the field {2} is not a valid decimal number with maximum {2} decimals'

However, as in the whole thread before, I doublt that this happens just as a log error.

We can see from the screenshot that this issue is front-end.

When does it happen - what is the user doing? Test one field update by field update with a save until you come on an error when you save?

and check if this is a date / currency field.

What is the input? Dropdown field or picker-field?

Screenshot of the values?

Since when does it occur?

What was changed prior to that?

One possible issue I encountered before: A currency with a character in the value.

Based on the fact taht this is most likely a diffierent issue than before, I suggest open a new thread for this and providing the error, how it happens, where it happens with relevant screenshots and answers to above questions.

We simply cannot provide advice based on a screenshot of an error-message - for that, the error is too vague.

Best regards,

Dirk

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event