cancel

PPM 9.32 Build Excel Reports using a PPM Data Source

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Rich Y_1
Super Contributor.

PPM 9.32 Build Excel Reports using a PPM Data Source

I trying to build a Excel report in PPM 9.32 using an existing PPM data source.  I get the following error.

Running report reports/ad/User_DOT_Info.xlsx
Error running report: net.sf.jett.exception.TagParseException: Matching tag not found for tag: , located at org.apache.poi.ss.util.CellReference [User!A2], within block Block: left=0, right=3, top=0, bottom=48, direction=NONE
Performance info for Report Report 43862
Report 43862 : 49 ms
  Parsing command : 0 ms
  Preparing Data : 6 ms
  Generating Excel Document : 39 ms

In the Excel template my column A is <jt:forEach items="${datasources.get('Users DOT Info').getData()}" var="org">${org}

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

9 REPLIES
Natalia_R_PPM
Super Contributor.

Re: PPM 9.32 Build Excel Reports using a PPM Data Source

Hello Rich,

Maybe you can check the following guide and find some useful information 

HP Project and Portfolio Management Center Software Version: 9.30 Excel Reports Cookbook

Also you can enable the debug lines in order to have an error more specific.

Loggin.conf

1) For Reports (shows if any reports are being run )

com.kintana.core.logging.PRODUCT_FUNCTION_LOGGING_LEVEL = com.kintana.rpt.system, DEBUG

com.kintana.core.logging.PRODUCT_FUNCTION_LOGGING_LEVEL = com.kintana.rpt.tag, DEBUG

Thanks & Best Regards, 

Natalia

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi, Rich,

did you resolve this issue so far?

thanks in advance,

Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Rich Y_1
Super Contributor.

Yes I was able to resolve the issue.  Reports are working now but working with HP on memory issues at least I believe they are Java memory issue.

Etienne_Canaud
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rich,

If you're inserting too much data in the report, you'll run into memory issue. You should use large data mode (described in the Excel Report cookbook) when you're inserting more than a few thousands of rows.

Thanks,

Etienne.

Rich Y_1
Super Contributor.

How does HP define large data?  The last time I revieved the error the report was pulling 232 rows with 5 columns.  I know this becuase if I run the SQL outside of PPM that is what it pulls.  Is that large data.? Does not seem linke it to me.

Etienne_Canaud
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rich, This is definitely not large data. Large Data is more about more than 3000 rows, with 10 columns or more. 

In the end, you can do the following: 

- Take the generated report (XLSX file)

- Rename it to .zip

- Unzip it in a dedicated folder

- Look at the total size of that folder, and multiply that size by 2.

That final value is roughly the size that the report will take in PPM memory when generated. If your template has a lot of pictures and some sheets with lots of data (even if they don't have any placeholder for report data), that may be the problem as you may end up with many hundreds of megabytes of memory consumption with a huge spreadsheet.

Rich Y_1
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the information on large data.  My spreadsheets are very simple no pic, charts, etc so data size will be on the small size.

Etienne_Canaud
Micro Focus Expert

If you could attach your template here, I could give it a try and see if I can reproduce the problem with a few hundreds or thousands of rows.

Rich Y_1
Super Contributor.
Solution

Thank you for the offer but I found my issue.  It was in the template.  I removed 1 column and added it back in that fixed my template and stopped me from getting the errors.