No, I have not opened a case with HP Support for this issue.
Let me give you a little background about my issue, that I missed in the original post. I took a copy of the PROD (9.14) database and put it over the DEV (9.14) schema. Then, I upgraded DEV from 9.14 to 9.22.0002 using the PPM Upgrade packs.
Today, I ran the kKeyGen.sh script again, in hopes that something might change (based on what I read on forums threads like this one). The script executed successfully and the error has now changed.
Error retrieving environment information
Text doesn't appear to be necoded or there is an encryption key mismatch
The environment record (KINTANA_SERVER) still checks out with all green lights. This is currently impacting a huge number of reports. All of them use ksc_local_exec.