The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 9.22.0003 + Firefox 33 = broken Request Rules.

Highlighted
alex-h

PPM 9.22.0003 + Firefox 33 = broken Request Rules.

Hello,

Like Chrome, Firefox 33 brokes totally PPM's Request Rules.

For example if you have a request on load rule, and uses [REQ.REQUEST_ID] token, the Rule is not properly fired.

So, actually PPM 9.22.0003 is unusable for our organization.

Is there any quick and dirty workaround for this ?

Regards,

Alex.

6 REPLIES

Re: PPM 9.22.0003 + Firefox 33 = broken Request Rules.

I'm experiencing the same issue in Firefox. I thought it was for firefox 33 instead the patch 0003.

Did you open a service incident?

alex-h

Hello,

Indeed, I've created a case support and provided a deep "How to reproduce" this issue.

Today we have discovered some bad side effects : any Request Rule who use [REQ.REQUEST_ID] is broken.

The only workaround is : ban Chrome and Firefox with our front-end Apache Web Server, and put a message to invite users to user Internet Explorer.

Since Mozilla Firefox is our corporate browser, this solution put our team in a very delicate situation.

Regards,

Alex.

Did HP told you anything about this happening because of the patch 0003 or is just a firefox thing? If any of both are they going to patch it?

Regards,

Alfredo

alex-h

Hello,

This issue comes from Firefox 33.

In Firefox 33 release notes, there are some information about obsolete javascript functions who are deprecated.

HP has created a known issue document for this case :

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01227658

I don't have any other information about this issue. We are waiting for R&D answser.

Regards,

Alex

alex-h

Hi,

PPM 9.30 documentation has been updated today.

Apparently only Firefox ESR 24 is actually supported.

Source : PPM 9.30 What's new (3rd edition).

Regards,

Alex.

TorstenNeumann
Super Collector

Hi all,

we faced the same issue and it disappeared with HP PPM 9.31 using the following browser versions:

Mozilla Firefox 31 ESR (with 38 ESR the issue is still present - but this version is not officially supported)

Google Chrome 42

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event