Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 9.20: Request execution logs deleted after 7 days

Highlighted
TorstenNeumann
Super Collector

PPM 9.20: Request execution logs deleted after 7 days

Dear PPM users,

we just found that request execution logs get deleted on our upgraded PPM instance (new version 9.20). We found out when I wanted to investigate a user's problem and received the following message:

"The attachment file could not be downloaded. The file: REQ_84561/REQ_84561.html no longer exists on the server.
Please contact your HP Project and Portfolio Management system administrator. (KNTA-10697)"

All request logs older than 7 days were gone.

After a little investigation, we found that the "Directory Cleanup Service" does this on 9.20. When this service is disabled, the request logs stay. The 7 days can be influenced by the server.conf parameter WEB_FILE_CACHE_LIFETIME_IN_DAYS.

I hope this information is helpful for anybody. We had a few interesting days investigating all our own backup scripts...

Torsten

2 REPLIES
randull
HPE Expert

Re: PPM 9.20: Request execution logs deleted after 7 days

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

We have a defect that has some relation with this problem on Solaris,

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1L47984

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
TorstenNeumann
Super Collector

Re: PPM 9.20: Request execution logs deleted after 7 days

We now use a workaround where we execute a report every day with the following command line (setting the date on all REQ_* folders to the current date).

ksc_local_exec sh -c "touch -t `date +%Y%m%d0000` [AS.REQUEST_LOG_DIR]REQ_*"

Maybe this helps someone else as well.

We also opened a service request with HP and I hope the resulting enhancement request for a server.conf parameter will soon be heard...

Best regards,

Torsten

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event