Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM 9.14 Send PPM Notification with attachment

Highlighted
MdomingoB
New Member.

PPM 9.14 Send PPM Notification with attachment

Hi,I need to send an email notification from PPM  with attached a document that has been attached to a request. The product is currently in version 9.14. I have read in this Forum that I can´t send a mail with attachment with PPM Notification, but I think that is possible that this have been changed in new versions. Somebody knows if this has changed in the new versions?

Thanks in advance,
Marta

4 REPLIES
Etienne_Canaud
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: PPM 9.14 Send PPM Notification with attachment

Hi Marta,

There's no change as of latest available PPM version (9.22.0002).

Improving Notifications is on our technical roadmap and some slight improvements might be part of next PPM version, but there's no plan to allow attaching documents of requests to notifications on the short term. 

Thanks,

Etienne.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you just want to include request attachement then you can directly give link to the document to download it in the notification. This is easy solution. 

Other option is to go via Java or Oracle SMTP utility way; but these are little time consuming activities.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
AlfredoMonasi
Honored Contributor.

PPM don't have that particular function as Utkarsh told you, I had the same issue and I had to develop a console app to send mails with attach. Java or .Net are good options to start.

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Similar to Request URL, u can try to include Document URL, same as request it will also ask for username/password.

Here are the step to include link/URL.

1. Create a hidden feild to store the document_id of the reference

SQL

select DOCUMENT_ID from KNTA_DOCUMENTS
    where PARENT_PRIMARY_KEY = <REQUEST_ID>
    and DOCUMENT_TYPE_ID = 'REF'

2. Late in Notification HTML insert the link like

http://<HOST_NAME>:<PORT>/itg/servlet/Document?ID=<REQD.P.DOCUMENT_ID_TOKEN>&viewOnly=TRUE
Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)