Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM 9.12 - How to move PPM request forward based on field entry

Highlighted
Anoush Dadgar
Valued Contributor.

PPM 9.12 - How to move PPM request forward based on field entry

Greetings,

I want to move a request forward in a workflow based on what a particular field's value is. The field value is selected from a list of 3 or 4 options and based on what the user selects, I want to be able to either push the request forward or stay put.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Anoush Dadgar

9 REPLIES
AlfredoMonasi
Honored Contributor.

Re: PPM 9.12 - How to move PPM request forward based on field entry

In your workflow use an execution to examine  the token value of the field and move the WF as need it.

Anoush Dadgar
Valued Contributor.

Thanks Alfredo, do you mind given an example on how to examine the token. I am not very proficient with advanced PPM options. Thanks again.

AlfredoMonasi
Honored Contributor.

Hi Anoush,

I'm attaching you a screenshot of the configuration you must do.

Regards,

Alfredo

Anoush Dadgar
Valued Contributor.

Thank you so much Alfredo. I will test it out and hopefully will get mine to work. I appreciate it.

Regards,

Anoush

Anoush Dadgar
Valued Contributor.

Hi Alfredo,

I looked at at the example you had sent but unfortunately I could not make the analogy to apply it to my workflow. I am attaching a screenshot describing my dilemma. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks again,

Anoush

AlfredoMonasi
Honored Contributor.

Hi Anoush,

You will need a decision step before the executions since PPM can't fire automatically an event from the change value property of the combobox.

Other option is to create a parallel steps with a timer only to check the status and value for a automatic transition of the request but is not efficient.

Regards,

Alfredo

Anoush Dadgar
Valued Contributor.

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you again. So, I have the decision step. I just don't know how to make the execution step understand the field value and act according to that value. I am attaching the workflow that I have created if it helps.

AlfredoMonasi
Honored Contributor.

You need to create an execution after that decsion, the execution type should be "TOKEN" and the validation should be the validation you have it on the combobox. After that set the transitions accordingly to your needs.

Regards,

Alfredo

Anoush Dadgar
Valued Contributor.

Thanks so much Alfredo and sorry about the late reply. I have not had a chance to implement your suggestion as we have been geard away from this project for some time now will hopefully get back on it and I'll do what you suggest.

Thanks again,

Anoush