Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM 9.11 Workbench crashes editing a Request Type? How to recover/restart locked RT edit session?

Highlighted
EricLEdberg
Trusted Contributor.

PPM 9.11 Workbench crashes editing a Request Type? How to recover/restart locked RT edit session?

One of the developers occasionally crashes the Workbench when designing applications.  I have been restarting the PPM application which cleans up the edit lock and allows the user to edit the RT again.

Here is the message I obtained from the user:

It was the java workbench. It crashed while I was editing a field in the xxx Feature request type. After that, every time I tried to edit the xxx Feature request type – I got an error message saying it was being edited by a user in another database session.

Is there any way to manually fix this program w/o having to restart PPM?

Not sure what the timeout would be or what other options exists for correcting this occurrence...

Eric Edberg

3 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PPM 9.11 Workbench crashes editing a Request Type? How to recover/restart locked RT edit sessio

This is the common issue in HP PPM 8.0.x and 9.0.x. We are also facing lot of problem due to this issue.

This can be fixed by disconnecting/killing the DB session (JDBC thin client) that has the lock on any of the workflow related tables.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
EricLEdberg
Trusted Contributor.

Re: PPM 9.11 Workbench crashes editing a Request Type? How to recover/restart locked RT edit sessio

Where can I figure/read how to kill the jdbc client?

Is this a process on the server?

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

These are the Oracle sessions.

You can use the "Session Browser" of Toad (Oracle Tool) or can execute the oracle script to kill the session (after identifying the session ID).

I'll search my system and will try to find that oracle script (for identifying the process ID and then killing the same)

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)