The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 9.1 Integration with Outlook 2007

Highlighted
Vsalian
Regular Collector

PPM 9.1 Integration with Outlook 2007

I am looking at building a form in Outlook 2007 to raise requests/project proposals and then integrate it with PPM to store all the requests. Any ideas if this is possible??

6 REPLIES
Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Re: PPM 9.1 Integration with Outlook 2007

Hi,

This should be possible by creating an Outlook .Net Add-in that would integrate with PPM using PPM built-in web services.

There are some code samples demonstrating use of .Net with PPM Web Services in the PPM Web Services Toolkit.

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Etienne,

Does HP has a plan about this issue? or about MS sharepoint?

Regards,

Celil

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Hi Celil,

I don't see any "issue" here, only new integrations waiting to be developed :smileyhappy:

As far as I know there is no plan as of now regarding an official PPM - outlook integration, but I am only from PPM R&D and can't speak for Product Management.

I know that some PoC has been developped to synchronize tasks & tasks actuals between outlook and PPM using the technology I mentionned before, so developing a custom integration should be feasible. Maybe PSO might hop on that train is there is a strong enough demand from the customers.

Sharepoint Integration might however not be possible for now, as it is not possible to develop a custom DMS solution for PPM - yet - (and I think using Sharepoint for storing documents from PPM would be one of the most meaningful use of this integration).

If (or rather, "when") we open PPM DMS interface, I am sure that PSO might have interest to provide such integration as there seems to be a strong interest in it. I can't provide any date on when it will happen though.

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

MallikArjun_S
Occasional Advisor

Hi Etienne,

Your inputs were helpful to conclude some of the doubts! Thank you.

Can you let me know how feasible is a custom integration between MS ShrePointfor the features like SharePoint Calendar and Document Storing and versioning?

Regards,

Mallikarjun.S 

-- Mallikarjun
Solution Consultant
Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Hi Mallikarjun,

Here it's a much more delicate integration than with Outlook. There is no user .Net add-in for Sharepoint, you have to develop a custom module directly for Sharepoint server. As I have no experience whatsoever with this, I can't provide anymore information.

Another possibility would be to create some PPM custom actions that would be invoking Sharepoint Web Services, but here again i doubt that would do what you seems to be trying to achieve, i.e. share calendar information in real time between PPM and Sharepoint.

As for using Sharepoint as a Document Management System, that's not yet possible. You can however include a hyperlink to the Sharepoint site page in a PPM field and let the users click that to access the documents page of a PPM request or project. But this will not display the documents directly on the PPM page, which is again a blocking limitation for you I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Etienne.

mohdebas
Super Collector

Hi All

I have few questions regarding the same. Would require your comments to this - 

1. Integration of PPM and Outlook 2007 possibility

2. Time allocated for a meeting to be automatically rolled out into timesheet for that particular week

3. Automatically creating timesheet filling in details from the calendar

These are some of the areas where I am focusing on right now. Any inputs on the same would be really really helpful. Waiting for your response.

Thanks!

Regards

Debasish

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event