Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 8.03 Service Pack 4 - Install needing access to the USERS tablespace?

Highlighted
Cat_2
Regular Collector

PPM 8.03 Service Pack 4 - Install needing access to the USERS tablespace?

When I run the Service Pack on our PPM 8.03 test instance I initially received an error saying it could not make changes to the USERS tablespace. Our DBAs are asking why it wants to make changes to a general Oracle tablespace vs. PPM's area only. Any ideas?

Once we cleared the USERS tablespace error by extending permissions we got a missing Index error. I'm assuming it deleting indexes on the first try then couldn't find them on the second try.

Is anyone else having issues installing SP4 for PPM 8.03?

2 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PPM 8.03 Service Pack 4 - Install needing access to the USERS tablespace?

Hi cat,

I think there is a confusion about PPM tablespaces and its users(schemes) and permissions. You don't use correct user with permission for tablespaces. So SP4 give error. When you extend permission you can do what you want to USERS but than other one give error.

Could you please check current tablespaces, users and permissions. You know, correct permissions could give by below PPM scripts:

<PPMHOME>\utilities\db\sys> sqlplus sys@<SID> as sysdba GrantSysPrivs.sql

This script is just give you an idea about permissions of users in tablespaces. Please consider it to.

PS: Please keep alive our forum via kudos the professionals
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Re: PPM 8.03 Service Pack 4 - Install needing access to the USERS tablespace?

Hi, cat,

it wouldn't be the first time that HP hardcodes users/tablespaces in their scripts.

Check under KINTANA_HOME/deploy, you should find tons of sql scripts - just do a grep for USERS in those scripts. If you find anything, then it means you have just encountered a hardcoded script.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event