Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM 8.0 upgrade issue

Highlighted
Abhi_Agrawal
Respected Contributor.

PPM 8.0 upgrade issue

Hi,

We are upgrading system from PPM 7.5 SP7 to 8.0. During the upgrade, we are getting following error message: -

ORA-20011: for reference code _RISK_DOMAIN_PFM_SCORE_TECHNICAL_RISK_NO_UNCERTAINTY

If anyone faced this issue then please share the resolution. Attached is the upgrade log file.

Thank you.

Regards,

Abhi

6 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PPM 8.0 upgrade issue

Hi, Abhi,

check the KNTA_UPGRADE_RECORDS table - you should find in there the actual Oracle error that was thrown.

Sometimes there are issues while upgrading because of the Scoring Criteria, which is hardcoded in the upgrade scripts.

let us know your findings.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Abhi_Agrawal
Respected Contributor.

Thanks Alex!
I have checked records in KNTA_UPGRADE_RECORDS table, but its not providing any additional information.

Upgrade log shows that this issue occurs when 8.0 upgrade script runs 7.5_to_8.0 data model change script.
It runs several scripts, but it failed during execution of
"pfm/kpfm_score_selections_nls_800_5_1.sql" script.

BUILD FAILED -
/ppm05/app/PPM/upgrade_800/xml/upgrade-75-to-80.xml:59: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20011: ORA-20011: : : for reference code _RISK_DOMAIN_PFM_SCORE_TECHNICAL_RISK_NO_UNCERTAINTY
ORA-06512: at line 1179

As suggested by this forum and HP support we have already disable Reference code flag to workflow tables before running upgrade script.
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

It's good to know you solved the problem. Please tell me how to disable reference code flag.

Cheers
Alex

Abhi_Agrawal
Respected Contributor.

You have to ask DBA to disable these flags (FYI-- disable the index unique flag ("Y" --> "N") for REFERENCE_CODE for tables kwfl_step_transitions_nls and kwfl_workflow_steps_nls)

Although, it did not resolve this issue i.e. we are still getting this problem.
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Of course it did not solve your problem - the workflow tables are in no way related to the Portfolio Scoring Criteria!

Did you investigate the contents of the problematic xml file?

In your implementation, did you customize Portfolio Scoring Criteria? If yes, did you alter any of the built-in scoring keys? If yes, then that's what causing the problem.

Cheers
Alex

Abhi_Agrawal
Respected Contributor.

XML file only showing last successfully run script information. We got the full error information through the 'upgrade log', but it doesn't tell you which object is creating problem.

I'm looking into system if we have any customize Portfolio Scoring Criteria, will update you if find anything.
Thanks!