Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 8.0 installation hangs

Highlighted
Jussi-Kristian
Super Collector

PPM 8.0 installation hangs

Hi, trying to install PPM 8.0 on solaris (will add java and os versions as soon as I get them from admin). After selecting the language the installation hangs (see the picture). Same thing happens with consol install. Silent install works, but that requires too much configuration by hand which we cannot handle. We do get one error message saying:

Warning: Cannot convert string "-monotype-arial-regular-r-normal--*-140-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct

Please advice!
4 REPLIES
Niraj Prabhu
Frequent Visitor

Re: PPM 8.0 installation hangs

Hi jussi,

Please validate your environment against all the requirement from Compatibility Matrix. I am not sure if you would able to proceed without desired Java version.

Thanks!
Niraj
Niraj P.
Jussi-Kristian
Super Collector

Hi, yes that is true. We had a wrong Java version (admin thought he has installed correct one).

Changes to supported Jave version -> problem solved.

Now we have problems in opening WorkBench (different threads for that in this forum)...
Alan Delimon
Regular Collector

Good to know that was the issue.

I know that in 7.5, we experienced something similar. But it was due to a database change in the 7.5 install that basically caused Oracle to trip on itself and wait on a database lock that would never get released.

Just another thing to keep an eye out for.
Mandy Rahi
Regular Collector

Hi,
Could anyone of you please provide me docs/pdfs for upgrading PPM from 7.5 to version 8.0 on Sun Solaris system.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Mandeep Singh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event