PPM 8.0 Anonymous Logon

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
PPM Admin
Respected Contributor.

PPM 8.0 Anonymous Logon

Hi,

Is there anyone who done this? For example you have a cutomized jsp or html file inside itg.war/web/knta/platinum/alert.html, then you want to access it without going through PPM logon page, is it posibble?

When I try to add an xml file on this folder, I can access it directly without the PPM logon page.
8 REPLIES
James++
Super Contributor.

Re: PPM 8.0 Anonymous Logon

Hi,

To do this you have to modify LOGON.jsp file. You can redirect it to your desired webpage as per your requirement.
PPM Admin
Respected Contributor.

Hi James,

Can you give me a sample on how to do this?

Thanks,
Chona
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi.
I've never done this before, but you should be able to have security disabled for certain paths if you define them in websecurity.conf (in the conf sub-dir) with "NoAccessURLSecurity" set.
It may be worth a try.
PPM Admin
Respected Contributor.

still no luck, any other suggestions?
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

When you modified web security, did you also stop and restart PPM? This kind of information could be cached. I would also suggest running kUpdateHtml.sh and recompiling the jsp just to cover all the bases.
PPM Admin
Respected Contributor.

"NoAccessURLSecurity" was to remove an access to URL. I think it is just a turn on, turn off access in an URL but login is still required.

What I need is to have access without any securities. Does anyone knows the parameter for this?

Thanks.
Erik Cole_1
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

If you're looking to have PPM host some files and have them accessible without requiring login, one easy way to do it is to add them to a sub-directory under itg/pdf, as the "help" section does not require auth.
PPM Admin
Respected Contributor.

Hi Erik,

It works!

Just add the file inside {PPM_HOME}/pdf and treat it as help files.

Thanks to all,
Chona