Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM 7.5

Highlighted
pavee
Regular Contributor.

PPM 7.5

Hi All,

I have installed HP Project and Portfolio Management 7.5 and it is working fine up to some level.

The problem is When trying to open the workbench it gives me the following error.

Connection not established. Please close this window, refresh your Dashboard, and try again. (KNTA-10976).

Please help me in this regard.

8 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PPM 7.5

Hi,

Try running kStatus.sh in ITG_HOME/bin directory. It binds to the RMI port, so if you get an error then it's probably on the server side - something else prevented PPM from using the assigned RMI port. You can change the RMI port number to some other port & restart.

If kStatus works, then start looking on the client/network side - no popup blockers, you can ping the server, any firewalls/proxy servers allow a connection with the PPM server using the specified RMI port, etc.
pavee
Regular Contributor.

Hi Erik,

Thank you for your reply. I have installed on windows box, I checked the configuration everything seems to be correct.

I have added the two line parameter as below in server.conf file

com.kintana.core.server.SOCKS_PROXY_HOST=Host_Name
com.kintana.core.server.SOCKS_PROXY_PORT=10976

And I have restarted the PPM service but still its not happening.
I referred some docs and according to that we have run the script kConfig.sh to take effect for that i am using cygwin but the script is failed to run.

I am very new to this please help me in this regard.

Is there any GUI based configuration option is there for PPM.

Thanking you all in advance
Praveen
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,
Do you work from a different location from where the Application is Installed?

I cannot open my QA Workbench from India, I will get the same error as yours. The Server is residing in US, Clearly this is a Firewall issue for me.

If I login through the Onsite Citrix Network or through the Application Server's Remote Desktop Connection, I can open the Workbench by this way.

Try and let me know if this is helpful.

Regards,
Mahendran M
pavee
Regular Contributor.

No there is no firewalls are defined because i am accessing it in local.

Can you please tell me how to run shell script to run windows, i am using cygwin but its not happening is there anything to configure cygwin to run those i mean set the java paths or something else.

Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

To my knowledge if I want to run the scripts, I open cygwin and go to the 'bin' directory where the Application is installed.

C:\PPM\PROD\ITG\bin

and execute the scripts there.

sh kRunCacheManager.sh A

Regards,
Mahendran M
pavee
Regular Contributor.

I did the same but its not working for me. In my case everything is working fine other than workbench. I am not able to figure it out where is cause.

Is there error log for PPM so that we can check the possible error
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Is there is someone who can open workbench in your company? ask them to check your credentials. You may have licence, but not the access grant.

Speak with HP Support, They can schedule a Webex meeting for you. I don't want to confuse you more.

Regards,
Mahendran M
pavee
Regular Contributor.

The problem was solved and it was due to mismatch of java version in server and client side.

Thank u all for ur help