Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM 7.5 viewing project time

Highlighted
Jamie Becker
Trusted Contributor.

PPM 7.5 viewing project time

I have several managers who are all set up the same and all of them can see the project time when they go to view or approve timesheets, but when one of the managers tries to print the timesheet or run the time sheet detail report, he cannot see the project time. It only shows "Additional Line" and gives a total. The other managers can see the project time when they print timesheets or print the time sheet detail report. any ideas????
5 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: PPM 7.5 viewing project time

Hi,

Can you check/confirm if all the filters, including group by, etc., in the report selected by this manager are exact same as other managers select? If all settings are in place for this manager also, then report filters may alone can be the issue also.
Aravinth
Respected Contributor.

In 7.5 I believe they had introduced the security behind who can view time data in this report. This is a change from 7.1 as in 7.1 anyone can see Time data even if they are not the reporting managers or Time Sheet approvers.
It would be worth while to see if these resources are reporting to these managers.
Also see if you have time data for the period you are trying to generate the report.
Regards,
Aravinth
Jamie Becker
Trusted Contributor.

I've been logging into our test system as 3 different managers and using the same report filters for all 3. 2 of them work fine and 1 of them can't see the project time. The filters are identical.

This manager is set up as their time approver, direct manager, and as their resource pool manager. He has the same access grants/security groups as the others. He can see everything when he selects individual timesheets but the project time line items disappear and shows as "Additional Lines Total" when he tries to print the timesheet.

Same thing on the Time Sheet Details report - no projects line items, just "additional lines total".
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Is it possible that two of the managers are listed as project managers of projects (and thus can see that time) and the third isn't?
Jamie Becker
Trusted Contributor.

Good thought and I had to go check that, but they all have project manager security group/access grants and although this manager isn't technically "on" the project, the other managers aren't either and they can still the project time.