The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 7.5 and Remedy Integration using Web services

Highlighted

PPM 7.5 and Remedy Integration using Web services

We are planning to integrate PPM 7.5 with Remedy 7.0.01.

We thought of using Web Services and wanted to know if anyone has successfully implemented a solution. Can the integration be achieved without Web Services? Are there other options available.

Thanks,
Nisha
3 REPLIES
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Re: PPM 7.5 and Remedy Integration using Web services

Hi Nisha,

I have done an integration of PPM 7.1 with Remedy 6.0 a year back. That time there was no accelerator for Remedy 6.0 so i have created a custom java script that calls the PPM webservices to create a request in PPM.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Alexandru Saven
Regular Collector

PPM 7.5 comes with a native connector to Remedy - check the Managing Application Change guide.

cheers
Alex

Thanks for the replies. Few questions:

1) Would it be a problem that we are on Remedy 7 and in the guide it mentions Remedy 5 as the supported version.

2) Is there a way we can call the web services calls like setRequestField etc through an execution step in the workflow?

I'm trying to determine if we should go with the approach of building an .exe like using VB .Net and write code that would connect to both applications. Deploy this .exe on the app server and invoke the .exe through an execution step in the workflow.

I understand the approach to get webservices enabled on PPM. I'm unclear on how these webservices calls would be used within PPM for ex like a workflow.

Thanks
Nisha
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event