The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 7.5 SP6 Bug: Decission step in SubWf fails (no recipient) if...

Highlighted
M. Habitzki
Super Collector

PPM 7.5 SP6 Bug: Decission step in SubWf fails (no recipient) if...

Hello Forum,

in two of our PPM 7.5 SP6 instances I found out, since upgrade from 7.1 SP8, that a Decission Step used in the Sub Workflow has the Transition Error "No recipient" if Decisions Required = "All"
and Security Tab use Token only.
This issue does not exist if the step is in the main workflow. But here it´s not possible to move the step to main WF.

Screenshots are available in the Attachment.

The way the Step is configured is used for gathering approval of one or multiple user depending on how many names are given in the related Request.
This design worked perfect for years in PPM 7.1 but since upgrading to 7.5 SP6 it fails.
The bug is already listed as a defect.

I didn´t found in this forum that anyone has recognized this bug before.

Do you have an idea how to build a workaround? I didn´t found one.

Kind regards
Matthias

2 REPLIES
Catherine Curti
Super Collector

Re: PPM 7.5 SP6 Bug: Decission step in SubWf fails (no recipient) if...

We are about to put in a subworkflow with a decision step that uses a form field to designate the approvers. The decision requires that all approve or if two disagree it will fire a no consensus error. Who approves is designated via a token on the security tab as you mentioned. I found that we had to use the workflow parameters to make the token for the field visible in the subworkflow.
M. Habitzki
Super Collector

Re: PPM 7.5 SP6 Bug: Decission step in SubWf fails (no recipient) if...

Hello Catherine,

thank you for the feedback. I think your requirement for the Step is similar to ours.

I only have a question about your last sentence "I found that we had to use the workflow parameters to make the token for the field visible in the subworkflow"

I read it three times and investigated our environment but I didn´t yet catched how and where you configured it. Maybe because it´s Monday :-)

Can you give me a hint or a screenshot where you "..make the token for the field visible..."

Thank you in advance

Kind regards
Matthias
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event