Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM 7.5 - Is it possible to modify Planned Budget amounts in an active project?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
bokeh
Contributor.

PPM 7.5 - Is it possible to modify Planned Budget amounts in an active project?

Hi,

I have a user who is trying to modify an incorrectly entered amount. See attached screenshot.

I'm logged in as an administrator and navigated to "Financial Management > Budgets > Modify Budgets" but there does not seem to be any way of altering the amounts in the "Project Planned Summary" section.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PPM 7.5 - Is it possible to modify Planned Budget amounts in an active project?

Hi bokeh,

the screenshot you sent is just a non-editable summary portlet which no-one can edit. Please tell us which version and Service pack you are referencing and where a user has incorrectly modified which amount of what ad how. then we'll be able to help you.

Best regards,

Dirk

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: PPM 7.5 - Is it possible to modify Planned Budget amounts in an active project?

The Budget might be in "Active" status.... change it to "In Progress" then modify the Budget...

Finally chnage the status back to Active..
Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
bokeh
Contributor.

Hi Dirk,

Version/Service Pack: PPM 7.5 SP5

Yes, I realise that I am unable to edit the amount from the non-editable budget summary portlet itself. This is why I'm hoping someone would be able to point me to how I can modify the incorrectly entered amounts via a different method or menu path etc.

From the screenshot in my original post, I'm trying to change the "Total Planned Labor" amount from 30,000,000 to 30,000.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for looking into it.

bokeh
Contributor.

Thanks Utkarsh. This worked.