The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 7.1/7.5 how to migrate Table Component Data into existing Table?

Highlighted
M. Habitzki
Super Collector

PPM 7.1/7.5 how to migrate Table Component Data into existing Table?

Hello Forum,

based on a past topic discussed in this thread:

https://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1381847

I am investigating how to migrate Data stored in a Table Element from one Instance to an other instance.

Table Element Data always is stored related to a Request and the table itself is managed by the PPM Application.
So it´s not as easy to move the Data on SQL Level.
Do you have any ideas or methods already in use?

Thank you in advance
Regards
Matthias
I also tried an XML Import but without success.
2 REPLIES
Raka_1
Collector

Re: PPM 7.1/7.5 how to migrate Table Component Data into existing Table?

I also had the same issue..... I Loaded the Request into some other environment and successfully imported the Table Component. The other way I did was created webservice between 2 environment and exported the request. 2nd Option took longer but it was clean.
Vinod Jadhav
Regular Collector

Re: PPM 7.1/7.5 how to migrate Table Component Data into existing Table?

Hi,

To migrate data from table component of one instance to another, i have followed following approach -
1. Extract the data from source environment table component and dump it into one flat file in the form of insert statement (you can export data into csv format and later convert it into insert statements)
2. Create temp table on the dest environment and dump data into it.
3. Migrate the table component into destination environment
4. Create a request of the request type referring to table component
5. Using procedure or function, later you can dump data from temp table onto request.

This approach is useful only if there is huge amount of data. In case data in table component is less, i would prefer to insert it manually on the request.

Regards
Vinod
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event