In my case an "Upon Page Load" Advanced Rule is defined with "Project No" as the dependency, with the corresponding token [REQ.REQUEST_ID] being used in the SQL to set a Result Field. I temporarily malformed the code --which works fine in IE and Firefox-- so that I could see from the inevitable failure what the system was complaining about: the [REQ.REQUEST_ID] isn't being resolved in Chrome. (Other "standard" fields --Status, for example-- works just fine...)
I found the following article that references the same issue, along with a suggestion for a "workaround." It's not so much a workaround; rather, a means of notifying Chrome users that they must use a supported browser only.
Yes, this is know issue in Chrome. The reason for this issue is due to functionality of Chrome, i.e. inorder to display the result faster, Chrome starts displaying/loading the page as soon as request is hit, so it displays the result as soon as it gets the response from server. Unlike IE it does not wait to get complete response and then display the web page.
Due to this partial response, some tokens like Request ID is not resolved (due to partial result) and then it keeps on showing the pop-up message.
I hope I am clear.
Due to this error some time in Request type most of the rules are also not working and also some time the web page java script fails and user cannot take any action.
HP has started suppoting Chrome starting from version 9.3.
Cheers.. Utkarsh Mishra
-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Hello All, Yes fortunately (or unfortunately for some) we upgraded to 9.31 a couple of months ago and we have not run into this issue since, although 9.31 does bring along other differences and new issues with it! From what it looks like, upgrading may be the only option for some. Thanks!
We upgraded to 9.31 on June 5, 2015. The pop up error went away while using Google Chrome 42 and 43. Yesterday Google forced an update to version 44.0.2403.89 . The error has now returned. The Request_ID is not being found by Google Chrome. Further investigation has shown that this error does not come up for every Request Type in PPM. We are trying to assess why 5 Request Type give the error while another 3 Request Types do not. We have also asked HP Support to investigate this because Google Chrome cuts our processing time in half compared to the overly restrictive nature of IE.
Thanks for you note on this issue reappearing in the latest update to Chrome. As we have both 'IE' and 'CHROME' browsers in our shop it is up to our PPM users to use whichever they prefer so we had not gotten any reported issues from our users. But I updated my Chrome browser session and started to receive the popup box also.
I also opened a ticket with HP SUPPORT and they have indicated they DO NOT support CHROME 44, even though the compatibility matrx guide says CHROME 36 OR LATER is supported. They are supposed to address this in a future release and update the documents. Their only suggestion is to use Chrome 36 but not sure how these updates can be prevented or reverted. Please keep us updated if you hear any more information about this. Thx!
I would like to let you know that "later" it not mean we can supported all later version. Actually when PPM 9.3 released Chrome 40.x hasn't been published, 36 or later means from version 36 to the version when PPM release. Not include all version after PPM 9.3.
Hope that the issue will be fix in the next release.
“HP Support If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Modifying the JSP files can be a dangerous operation. If the hidden component is located in two places, there may be a reason for it (though both elements having the same name is wrong, and as you found already is the root cause of this popup issue).
I'd rather advise you to try the attached troubleshooting hotfix - it may not be fully tested yet, but is the closest thing to what may go into next PPM version(s) as a fix for the browser compatibility issue.
Please note that this patch is in no way an official solution from HP R&D - use at your own risk.
If it doesn't work (or if it works!) please let us know.
We have tried the edited FormatUtils.js you provided... and it works well in our development environment. We will be doing more extensive testing. We understand the warnings and would really like to get HP to approve this fix as soon as possible. Moving this to production would make us uneasy until HP approves.