Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PFM - Proposal and ksc_create_project

Highlighted
Edoardo Spelta_
Respected Contributor.

PFM - Proposal and ksc_create_project

Hello,
ever tried to delete a project that was created through the PFM - Proposal workflow ?

I've found no way to do that on any PPM installation i had my hands on (7.5 sp3, 8.0 and 8.01), because i get a "not enough privileges" error even as Admin.

This PFM - Proposal workflow calls the ksc_create_project without any parameter..and it is strange, because the ksc_create_project function when used in custom workflows (made by us mortals) MUST be provided of 5 parameters. In this case those projects are deletable, otherwise they are not.

Is it a problem of best-practices or of the ksc_create_project function ?

Anybody experienced this behaviour ?
9 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PFM - Proposal and ksc_create_project

Hi,
Please check up you have all access grants assigned to any one of your security group.

I hope you miss a access Grant to delete Project.

The ksc_create_project can be passed as an execution step command without the parameters... the Parameter tokens must be present in your Proposal... Check up.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Edoardo Spelta_
Respected Contributor.

Unfortunately the Admin user i'm using to make these tests has the Edit Project and Delete Project grants, as usual.

I just tried also to modify the default proposal workflow execution step adding explicitely the parameters to the ksc_create_project, but with no luck.

The server log when trying to delete the projects, shows the "ORA-01031: insufficient privileges error". I would like to know how to see the statement that causes the error..
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you show me the snap of the Security group in the Access Grants Page?(Workbench -> Sysadmin-> Security Groups)

Can you go to Request Type and see the User Access Tab of it?
And see whether delete permission is checked against your Security Group?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Edoardo Spelta_
Respected Contributor.

The Admin User belongs to the "PPM All Access Grant" (AllAccessGrant-Users.jpg), which contains the Edit Projects and Delete Projects grants (AllAccessGrant-Grants.jpg).

The PFM - Proposal Request Type User Access tab is shown in RequestType-UserAccess1.jpg.
In this default configuration the cancel/delete are not enabled, but even enabling them i get the same privilege error.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you're getting an ORA error, then something sounds fishy. Maybe you can enable JDBC logging from the workbench and see if you get any more info from the JDBC log when you test it again...?
Edoardo Spelta_
Respected Contributor.

JDBC trace produces unintelligible (for me) information. However the top stack trace shows:

Error in DBSession.setTraceMode
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

at com.kintana.core.db.pool.PooledStatement.executeUpdate(PooledStatement.java:130)

This is the best info i could get from debug logs.

What i would really like to know is if this is a problem of my installation(s) or a product bug..
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

You might want to make sure that the GrantSysPrivs.sql script was run on the DB and that the DB user you're running PPM under has all the correct grants...
Edoardo Spelta_
Respected Contributor.

i did run GrantSysPrivs as the admin guide says, and just to be sure i did it more than once :D
I don't really have a clue on how to proceed further...
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you login into DB with the Username and Password of the Oracle ID which you use to connect to the application.

And try to find whether that ID has all privilages.....
Add you "PPM - All Access Grants" security group in the User Access tab of RT... I dont think it is a issue, But you can check up.

Regards,
Mahendran M