Did you mean: 

PFM-PM related: Closed project can still be used

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Greg_Shrout
Collector

PFM-PM related: Closed project can still be used

When we close a project, how do we prevent time from being entered against it? Without deleting it, how do we close the project and no longer see the project in searches or timesheet drop-downs?
What we have seen is: although the project status is complete, people can still add it to their time sheets and report time against it - which we don't want. How do we keep users from seeing and using the closed project?
5 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: PFM-PM related: Closed project can still be used

Can you see the Query which is getting the list of tasks when you search the tasks in Time Sheets?

I think you can get the tasks which are closed within 15 days, Not exactly sure, but you can get the query from server log by enabling the JDBC logging in the workbench.

Thank you.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi Greg!
Work plan in completed status?
If yes then check project setting in cost and effort tab Time management part. See the after task is complete,allow time to be logged. Must be "Don't allow"
Good Luck
Greg_Shrout
Collector

We don't use work plans, so I deleted the empty work plan that was there. Then I progressed the project through the workflow to Complete. Then I did a search for the project, and Success! The completed project did not appear in the search results.
Pending another test, I believe this is fixed!
Greg_Shrout
Collector

We are only reporting time to the project level, so aside from deleting the work plan, how does one complete the work plan?
Greg_Shrout
Collector

close.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event