Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Upgrade Impact on PPM

Highlighted
DKR
Occasional Advisor

Oracle Upgrade Impact on PPM

Hi,

I need your inputs in Oracle Upgrade activity. We are planning to upgrade our Oracle database from Oracle 10g (10.2.0.4.0) to Oracle 11g (11.2.0.1).  If any of you have upgraded from Oracle 10g (10.2.0.4.0) to Oracle 11g (11.2.0.1), could you please share your ideas/ leanings on the impacts that might have on PPM?

And also, could you please let me know the approach to verify the PPM application (whether everything is in place or not) after the Oracle upgrade?  Is there any specific test document, to verify the PPM functionality after the Oracle Upgrade?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,

Kiran

2 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle Upgrade Impact on PPM

You did not specify the PPM version you are running, therefore you must check the System Requirements document for the supported Oracle version for your PPM instance.

Second, after DB upgrade, you should not have any invalid objects in both PPM schemas. This should ensure PPM OOTB functionality.

As far as any customizations you might have implemented (custom triggers/packages/functions/procedures), checking the DB upgrade impact relies on the people who implemented these customizations.

hope this helps

cheers

Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Niraj Prabhu
Frequent Visitor

Re: Oracle Upgrade Impact on PPM

Kiran,

One thing that I noticed is, the PPM 9.1 SP2 onwards the KCVS_UTILITY is not working, you need to use the ksc_copy_request instead.

Not sure what impact are you referring to for DB upgrade.

Regards,

Niraj

Niraj P.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event