Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Oracle Apps extension

Highlighted
Vinod Jadhav
Super Contributor.

Oracle Apps extension

Hi,

My understanding is ITG OOTB object types/functionality supports only Application patches and not database patches. Can somebody please confirm on this?

Below statement is from ITG documentation "ExtOracleEB.pdf" page no 202.
"The Extension is designed to apply only Oracle patches, and cannot be used to apply
Oracle database or 10SC patches.".

What does this statement exactly means? what's supported and what is not supported? can somebody please put some focus on this?

Thanks in advance!
Vinod
3 REPLIES
frank chiang
Valued Contributor.

Re: Oracle Apps extension

Vinod,

The oracle apps extension only supports oracle apps' patches that can be run using adpatch utility.

Email me if you have any questions.

Frank

frank.chiang@accelent.net
frank chiang
Valued Contributor.

Your question:
-----------------
Hi Frank,

Thank you for your response on the HP forum!

I need more clarification on your statement. When you say Ora Appsâ patches, does it mean application patches or database patches? My understanding is Oracle Apps has both database and application patches.

How abt ADMERPATCH utility? Is it used in PPM?

Thanks,

Vinod Jadhav
------------------

Vinod,

I should say any patch that you can apply with Oracle's adpatch utility. Let me explain further. In ITG/PPM, you apply a oracle e-biz patch by creating a package line in a package by selecting the patch object type. The logic of running adpatch is embedded within this object type. So basically, ITG/PPM is help you to run the adpatch utility and pre-filled all the answers for the questions that comes when you run adpatch.

ITG/PPM only supports apps patches but not o-patches or database patches. And yes, there is another object type that does ADMERPATCH.

Hope this helps,

Frank
frank.chiang@accelent.net

Vinod Jadhav
Super Contributor.

Thank you Frank for the clarifications! It will help me.