Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open workbench Issue in PPM9.2

Highlighted
manaschandra
Super Collector

Open workbench Issue in PPM9.2

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded our instance to PPM 9.2 and the current java version  is jdk 7u3. After the upgrade we are unable to open the workbench but open workbench on desktop option is working fine. Anyone faced the same issue? Appreciate if any clues.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Manas

8 REPLIES
Loc_Nguyen_PPM
Occasional Visitor

Re: Open workbench Issue in PPM9.2

Hi Manas,

It mean you can not open Workbench on Dashboard, right ?

What  browser you using for open ppm web page ? Browser version ?

Could you provide serverLog.txt file for troubleshooting ?

Thanks.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
manaschandra
Super Collector

Browser version is Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514

ServerLog has been attached

Loc_Nguyen_PPM
Occasional Visitor

Hi Manas,

Please take a look with this information when you using IE for access ppm web page

Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 (32-bit)

Enable native XMLHTTP support

Access this setting using Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab >
Security (Section).

Clear browser cache and try again.

Have you try open workbench on Mozilla Firefox browser ? If not, please try this and give me the result.

Please attach the image when you try open workbench on Dashboard.

Thanks.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
manaschandra
Super Collector

Thanks for the reply. Its already enablee native xmlhttp support in ie.

I am trying to access workbench from server (64 bit) as well as from client (32 bit) system but Open > Administration > Open Workbench option is not working at all.

We have not tried on mozilla firefox browser. Any other clues / workarounds will be appreciated.

We had to adjust the security level in the Java Console to 'Medium' in order for Workbench to open once we upgrade our JAVA version.  Hope this helps.

Santosh_M
Acclaimed Contributor

Other than lowering the security settings to medium in the Java configure, you can also add the HP PPM site in the Exception Site List to open the the workbench.

Thanks,

Kumar

Loc_Nguyen_PPM
Occasional Visitor

Hi Manas,

Please try restart your server, it may help. I found some case had the issue like you and the problem was resolved when they  restart  server or please try with IE 9.0.

Please attach the screenshot when you open workbench on IE browser.

Hope this help.

“HP Support
manaschandra
Super Collector

Thanks all for your reply.

I tried setting Medium security in Java console as well as restrated the server but no luck.

We are in Java 7u11 so i do not have option to add HP PPM url in exception list in Java console (I think this option available from Java 7u51).

Any other hints?

Note: We can open the workbench from few of our client machines with both open workbench and open workbench on desktop options. But on server we are unable to open workbench with open workbench option.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event